Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Zinchenko and he’s a good player. But despite playing the role admirably, he’s not a natural left back and I do think we’d be stronger with a natural player there - be it Cucurella or whoever else we decide.

Does mean we really are short on full backs with only Walker and Cancelo, forcing our hand a bit in the market.

City will see it as a bit of a windfall. Signed for £1.7m was it? So he’s effectively valueless on the books now. £35m pure profit on the bottom line. I love him though and tbh this departure hurts me more than Sterling & Jesus.
I think we have become a selling club but only for Academy players with what TH calls a City Approved Certificate.
Our PL team is always up for improvement so sometimes established players who are paid what they are worth want away. Always a balancing act but one built out of success not desperation.

he`s a bit part player though mate and the other point is it sounds like he wants to go? Cucurella is an upgrade on him at LB imo and i think zinny looks better than he is in a team who always has the ball most of the time? Lovely fella, no trouble and able when called upon but never gonna be a number 1 in any position here imo.
He’s a bit more than a bit-part player. He has averaged something like 50% of our PL games over the past 3 or 4 seasons. I have no issues if he wants to go elsewhere for more games, I just find the clubs stance a bit odd.

We wanted approx. £50m for Ake (who is 100% a bit-part player) but we only want £35m for Zin? Even stranger is that we seem willing to pay significantly more for Cucurella despite him having had one season in the Prem at Brighton.

Everyone seems convinced that Cucurella is some major upgrade on Zin, and they may be proven correct but in the here and now, Zin is a multiple title-winning and experienced CL player and Cucurella well… isn’t. The valuations of the two players are arse over tit.

What a strange thing to be amused about, you must be very simple minded.

The standard on this forum seems to be going downhill year after year.
You are absolutely spot on with the standard of this forum the number of subscribers i have on mute for talking shite runs into high double figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.