Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not true. He’s started 52 of our last 152 games. That’s about 1 in 3.
I was going off the PL website which i presume includes sub appearances?

19/20 - 19
20/21 - 20
21/22 - 15

So a little short of 50% but clearly an important squad member.

Haaland has won fuck all. Jesus has won 4 PL’s. Worrying times……

Have you not wondered why your valuation is so far removed removed from those being mentioned by the people paid millions and millions to make these decisions? How highly do you regard your opinion?
You’re not comparing the signing of the hottest property in Euro football with signing Cucurella?

My opinion is as worthless as anyone else’s on this forum, it doesn’t mean I can’t question where the fuck a £50m+ valuation of Cucurella has come from. Or why we value our 4th choice CB who has played 19 PL games since we signed him at £50m+ but we only value Zin at £35m. They may be paid millions but where is the consistency with these valuations?

Frankly, I am disappointed that we would sell two of our players to Arsenal.
They are the bastards who sent a letter to CAS to exclude us from the Champions League.
Theyd be giving us £80m mate. Theyre not free
Whilst I love both, Zinny especially - its good business and everything comes to an end some time

It could be argued that without Sterling & Zinchenko, we wouldn’t have turned around the Villa game !

Change is good, freshening things up is good, but too much and you risk losing the cohesion. Heck, we’ve seen that when chopping & changing from PL game to Cup game.

Great squad player but not good enough for a starting role, similar to Jesus in a way. If he wants a starting place elsewhere then I don't mind letting him go, being a club that puts player wishes first is never a bad thing and will serve us well long term.

Leaving sentimental reasons aside (although it's hard, the guy has connected with fans especially during the horrific events in his country) IF we get Cucurella then it's an upgrade to the squad. Let's not forget a year ago he was linked with Wolves for about 10M so getting 35M is decent business.

There's a danger of losing too many players at once and it may affect us short term but maybe this period of freshness is needed, you never know when too much standing still leads to stagnation. As long as we can keep selling out squad players for big profit we are in a healthy shape, remember when our squad players used to be Mangalas who we would have to pay to go on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.