Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope he gets to play midfielder with Mikel. No one really knows what's up with Partey so..

He wants to be a regular starter I would I assume which requires him to depart for pastures new.. Which would make total sense for a player entering his peak years..

Dont want him to go but also don't blame him. We have probably never seen the best of him as he's played left back for us mainly. Top kid and top grafter for the club. Surely has to be minimum £40m + add ons

Would rather zinchenko stay, I think he gives us something different to Cancelo when he's essentially a midfielder playing fullback, and whilst hardly ever playing there, having him as an option in midfield helps with the fact we're a bit short in numbers in midfield.

Cucurella I've been very impressed with from the start, way before any links to us surfaced but as a traditional left back, he's not really offering us anything different from Cancelo and Cancelo is the superior player. It's a lot of money to pay for backup when the one we've already got is probably a better fit for the squad balance.

Of course, if Zinchenko wants out then fair enough but has there been any suggestion he's pushing for this? This is the guy that rejected Wolves after being told he was free to leave and was nowhere near getting a game because he backed himself and wanted to play here.

I also think £35 million is too cheap when you look at what that buys you elsewhere and consider his experience and age. Should be comfortably in the upper 40's range, we'd be paying over £50 if we were buying him from Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.