Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the fee is correct. I think it just reflects our genuine desire to sell him. Not because he is bad or anything. He has exceeded all expectations by a lot. But we will not see his true potential at City because we are loaded with better options in midfield. And i think the club see Cucurella as a big upgrade. Cucurella is supposed to be pretty good defensively as well.

There is definitely some recency bias with Zinchenko because of that 2nd half against Villa. Without it, people would remember the West Ham game and would want him sold.

There is definitely some recency bias with Zinchenko because of that 2nd half against Villa. Without it, people would remember the West Ham game and would want him sold.

Yes, I thought of that. He wasn't alone, but his limitations were definitely exposed in that game. Look, he just isn't a fully rounded defender, there's the truth of it. He's done very well, but I hope, for his sake (but not for ours) that he gets to play in midfield at Arsenal more often.

Although they're going to be sorely missed, I can deal with losing Jesus, Sterling and Zinchenko. The hard part will be watching them play week in week out for another English team.

All three have been synonymous with Pep's City which has dominated football in this country for the last five years so to watch them now potentially building a legacy at another club in the same country is going to feel odd. I think it would have been a lot easier to take if they had gone abroad.

Why does this guy romano reports low fee everytime we sell someone that really shows that he doesn't have sources at our club . Fraud

Yes, I thought of that. He wasn't alone, but his limitations were definitely exposed in that game. Look, he just isn't a fully rounded defender, there's the truth of it. He's done very well, but I hope, for his sake (but not for ours) that he gets to play in midfield at Arsenal more often.
He never was a defender of any sorts to start with. I think he has never played for Ukraine as a defender. It was Pep's idea, out of necessity, I think, that got him into left back, and his skill on the ball just what Pep would want from any player. Remember, Pep is a great disciple of Cruyff, and that Dutch team was stuffed with eleven inside forwards. Even the goalie was an inside forward, and bombing on from left back Zinky was as good as any 'bombing on' left back we've had, Clichy, Kolarov, but when yer need to defend there were occasions when his 'creativity' got the better of him. The one I remember is the misplaced pass in the Watford Cup Final that led to the one on one that Watford missed before we'd scored our first. Mind, had that gone in I suppose we'd have won 6-1. But the odd goal can lead to dropped points and no matter what attacking element Pep espouses he still wants a water-proof defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.