Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Zinchenko and would be happy for him to stay, but people seem to be forgetting why he was on the bench for the Villa game - because he was awful the week before against West Ham and lost Bowen for both of his goals.

I don’t think you can judge a player based on one game. I’ve seen Kevin have quite a few bad games as well. Overall he’s been brilliant for us

Take the emotion out of it and the deal makes perfect sense. Forget about him being a nice lad who always works hard for the club and think logically about it. The guy has played about a third of our games since he's been here and once Cucurella joins he is barely getting a kick at LB with him and Cancelo ahead of him, and he isn't good enough to dislodge any of our midfielders.

We aren't a charity. If he isn't going to be contributing to the team and just sitting on the bench waiting for the off chance two players get injured at the same time then selling him while his value is high is the right move for both us and him.

Take the emotion out of it and the deal makes perfect sense. Forget about him being a nice lad who always works hard for the club and think logically about it. The guy has played about a third of our games since he's been here and once Cucurella joins he is barely getting a kick at LB with him and Cancelo ahead of him, and he isn't good enough to dislodge any of our midfielders.

We aren't a charity. If he isn't going to be contributing to the team and just sitting on the bench waiting for the off chance two players get injured at the same time then selling him while his value is high is the right move for both us and him.
I reluctantly have to agree and must agree I am curious about how he would do in midfield for a team like Arsenal who aspire to play decent football

Love the guy, done a great job for us when called upon but anything above £30m is a great £ for us.

Gooners can fuck right off with 30mill. Zinc is one of Ukraines best players and has won multiple trophies with City. Honestly think he’s worth at least 45 mill. Quality player, if Arse get him for 30 then it’s a bargain.

I don’t think you can judge a player based on one game. I’ve seen Kevin have quite a few bad games as well. Overall he’s been brilliant for us

I don`t think anyone is trying to judge Zinchenko on 1 game. He`s constantly been our weak link but for a handful of games.

Considering Raheem and Jesus got better salary deals and Oleks being on laughable low salary for the top team, I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on, I would actually encourage him to move on for his own good .We are becoming like a MLS team where a few designated players (KdB, Grealish and Halland ) will be on huge deals and hoover up most of the money and the rest of the team are 100K+ players.
Welcome to the real world of football. You`re very green if you think all players should be on the same packages.The best get the best its as simple as that.Always have, always will be in any sport.

Gooners can fuck right off with 30mill. Zinc is one of Ukraines best players and has won multiple trophies with City. Honestly think he’s worth at least 45 mill. Quality player, if Arse get him for 30 then it’s a bargain.
Why should they fuck off. City appear to have accepted it and who really knows what the package is actually worth ?

Welcome to the real world of football. You`re very green if you think all players should be on the same packages.The best get the best its as simple as that.Always have, always will be in any sport.
Oleks is on 20K per week - what I found on Internet - and you have to agree it is laughable at best, realities or no realities on football. But let's take Riyad for example, he was on 120K pw before this new contract and KdB is on 400K pw ,let me not mention Jack on 300K pw. In my world of football it just doesn't add up, because Riyad can play in best 11 in the world. And Oleks would get more money in the Championship. I was aggrieved with Jesus and Raheem leaving, but when I saw their salary bumps I am not surprised at all. And maybe this 'new reality' brings that we suddenly see relatively many players open to move and what we did not see before. I am just bit surprised we turned this way with massive discrepancies in salaries!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.