Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah cucurella negotiations can't be going well. i'd be disappointed if we didn't add a fullback at all this summer.

Somehow we always "shelve" the plans of getting that leftback
Well, seems like Bloom has a little bit of Levy in him and we will learn from this (if we walk away) to never deal with Brighton again.

Why are we selling now and not when we’ve secured a lb?

Are we that confident in a Cucurella deal?

Because we want a better left back and we have to be confident the club will achieve its intention.

People want assurances over Cucurella, when the only assurance which can be given is that he wants to join and the Club will do what it can to bring it over the line.

If nothing else, we should hear some sort of official bid before the weekend.

Sorry, but we need a LB whether or not Zin stays. I love Zin and would be happy for him to stay but not if that means we don't get a proper LB. The rumours re City going for a LB have been going on for so long, why is this suddenly dependent on Zinny going? I'm so confused re WTF the club are up to on this front. If we go yet another season without a proper LB who can overlap it seems like a poor decision, tbh.

Well, seems like Bloom has a little bit of Levy in him and we will learn from this (if we walk away) to never deal with Brighton again.
I think he has the right to do that as Cucu has only fulfilled one year of his contract they wont let him go easy.

The departure of Zin to me indicates two scenarios, one less likely than the other.
The first is that despite denials everything has already been done very, very discreetly, between Bloom and Txixi, Potter and Pep (indirectly), and that a deal is in place behind the scenes, with an agreed fee, the exact nature of which neither set of supporters will most likely ever know. There'll be figures bandied around in the media to make both sets of supporters feel good, doubtless. Only thing being waited for: for them to get a decent full back.
Second scenario is that there is no deal whatsoever in place or even progressing for Cucu, but that Aké's remaining with us was dependent on — or at least shored up by — assurances of more game time, if not at centre half, then at left back. He is well capable of occupying this position, and has proven it. He has weaknesses where Zin had strengths, but he also has strengths where Zin had weaknesses. I agree that this is the less plausible of the two.
Worst case scenario: there is also Cancelo. Not because he's no good on the left, far from it, but because if Walker gets injured again we are in the shit.
If neither scenario can be envisaged, and if no-one else is being seriously looked at, then I have to say that I'm completely nonplussed by Zin's departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.