Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
be very surprised if we sell him tbh as he is happy to rotate and just gets on with it . Great squad player .
Is he happy to just rotate though, hes not one to be out in public shouting about it but if we sign Cucurella its hardly a great endorsement for Zinchenko.

If Arteta is going to make him a key part of the Arsenal squad and perhaps even in midfield then that could be very tempting for him. He will leave with a pocket full of medals and I wouldn't hold any grudges.

Is Zinchenko good enough to be our first choice LB? Sorry Pep, yes he is. Wish Pep and fans would trust him more.

Hardly put a foot wrong when used and he is getting better and better in that position. Still only 25. Started 10 League games last season and the team scored a phenomenal 41 goals in the 10 matches he started and completed 90 mins. For balance those 10 games he started and completed 90 mins we conceded 8. Many think he weakens the team if he plays. These stats do not suggest that.
It’s a long season. Four fullbacks, with five subs, should be the aim. Zinny can even slot in at LCM if needed.

Cucurella 1 goal and 1 assist in 35 starts. Zinchenko 0 goals and 4 assists in 10 starts. Not sure Cucurella is as attack minded as people expect. Zinchenko shot accuracy 40%, Cucurella 21.43% (Squawka).

Put me in at LB and I’ll get a few assists in this city side. It’s almost as if a skilled attack minded LB might be even more effective in a attack minded city team where there will be 15x the opportunities than there were at Brighton.

Cucurella 1 goal and 1 assist in 35 starts. Zinchenko 0 goals and 4 assists in 10 starts. Not sure Cucurella is as attack minded as people expect. Zinchenko shot accuracy 40%, Cucurella 21.43% (Squawka).
To be fair, 1 was playing for the champions, a team that score for fun. The other was playing for, um, well, Brighton, can’t score for toffee(unless they’re playing United)

Cucurella created more chances from LB than any other LB in the league last season though. I'm not sure he's as defensive as you expect?

Cucurella created more chances from LB than any other LB in the league last season though. I'm not sure he's as defensive as you expect?

Was going to say, chance creation =/= actual assists. Grealish ended up with 3 assists but had the second highest expected assists behind De Bruyne. Cucurella also excels defensively.

To me, getting a LB means Cancelo and Walker rotate more at RB and we have more natural width. Keep Zinny as key to that rotation on the left - he steps up when it matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.