Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately you’d like to think that he will be given a choice, just like he was a few years ago when Wolves came knocking on the door.

Cucurella (or any other natural left back we end up signing) won’t be able to play every game. Cancelo will likely rotate with Walker at RB so Zinchy will get his opportunities. If he is happy to keep playing as many games as he is currently then he will likely stay.

He strikes me as the kind of player who would rather play 15-25 games a season at a club that competes for trophies than 40-50 games a season at a club like Arsenal

Ultimately you’d like to think that he will be given a choice, just like he was a few years ago when Wolves came knocking on the door.

Cucurella (or any other natural left back we end up signing) won’t be able to play every game. Cancelo will likely rotate with Walker at RB so Zinchy will get his opportunities. If he is happy to keep playing as many games as he is currently then he will likely stay.

He strikes me as the kind of player who would rather play 15-25 games a season at a club that competes for trophies than 40-50 games a season at a club like Arsenal
My opinion this will not work, if Cucurella joins that pushes Zinchenko into third choice left back as Cancelo would still be the better, it is madness to put Cancelo back on the right where he under performs. Zinchenko will be given the choice to leave and his suitors will be many and quality, but sniffing of a Champions League winners medal may well turn his head to staying for another season, it may also be possible that he becomes Rodri`s back up, after all Bellingham probably our first choice is not available this season.

My opinion this will not work, if Cucurella joins that pushes Zinchenko into third choice left back as Cancelo would still be the better, it is madness to put Cancelo back on the right where he under performs. Zinchenko will be given the choice to leave and his suitors will be many and quality, but sniffing of a Champions League winners medal may well turn his head to staying for another season, it may also be possible that he becomes Rodri`s back up, after all Bellingham probably our first choice is not available this season.
With Fern gone Zinny would be a perfect Def CM back up and give Rodri some genuine competition. Our squad nedds a player like Vinny, hard working and not short of talent..opportunity to play in midfield (his natural position) as well as play some games at full back could see him play 35 plus games a year for us and be an important player ..he may only play 40 at spuds or Arsenal...hopewe can convince him to say...as well as Jesus

With Fern gone Zinny would be a perfect Def CM back up and give Rodri some genuine competition. Our squad nedds a player like Vinny, hard working and not short of talent..opportunity to play in midfield (his natural position) as well as play some games at full back could see him play 35 plus games a year for us and be an important player ..he may only play 40 at spuds or Arsenal...hopewe can convince him to say...as well as Jesus
Vinny? I think we're ok at CB/manager ;-)

Not convinced about Zinchenko at DM. Just isn't strong enough. Better and more natural at AM but won't get many games there. If he stays, it will be mainly at LB I suspect.

I'm sure we'd be happy to keep him if he wants to stay but we won't block his way if he wants to go.

Cancelo was great on the right the season before this one. I think he will be moved back there once we get a proper left back which will then free up Foden/Grealish to play more centrally coming in from the left which is a space that is currently occupied by Cancelo when he cuts in onto his right.

Even if not and Zinchy is pushed down to third in the pecking order there will be games that will be more suited to his particular skill set and he will offer us an additional, left-footed option.

As skeptical as I am about Pep actually making subs I think there will also be increased rotation with 5 subs being available.

Zinchenko is in a group along with Bernardo & Mahrez who are mild mannered and won't kick a fuss if dropped to the bench. Pep after a fair while has seen the light with Bernardo although he still rarely gets to play his best position to accommodate others. If Phoden was Ukrainian and Zinchenko English I think he'd generally be considered the better footballer of the two. At 1.5m probably the best move we've made in the market since takeover, offloading him to make way for a future Barca player would be one of the worst.
I gave up at Phoden, what a stupid post.

Cancelo is not a better left back, and Zinchenko is not really a left back either, both play predominantly in midfield when "nominated" left back.

It's how Pep wants our team, if you can't see it you should give up.

Cancelo is not a better left back, and Zinchenko is not really a left back either, both play predominantly in midfield when "nominated" left back.

It's how Pep wants our team, if you can't see it you should give up.
I guess the pertinent question is who you’d sell, Zinchenko or Cancelo?

Cancelo cannot play 30 + games at RB and 30 + games at LB and neither Cancelo or Cucurella or Walker are going to play much more than 35 games each anywhere, so if Cancelo is sharing RB duties with Walker and LB duties with Cucurella and Zinny is only third choice LB we now need a RB of the highest quality to step in for Walker, capable of playing minimum 30 + games. How much will it cost for a RB good enough to restrict Zinny to a mere covering role ? £ 40/60 million ? , who do you have in mind to restore us to 2 RBs and 2 LBs of variable capabilities but equal importance for maximum rotation efficiency. Cucurella will replace Mendy, so you want another to play RB if Cancelo goes to LB. Who ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.