Oleksandr Zinchenko

If I was Arteta I'd be building that Arsenal team around him in midfield. But like others I love him to bits, I'm glad he got the final moment on the last day against Villa, both in the match and in the moments afterwards, and he is welcome back in Manchester any time.

Feels like a real kick in the gut, always thought Zinchenco was a great utility squad player who should have been kept around, I hope that it's his decision and that he isn't being pushed.

Gutted and wish him the best for the future.

I chewed over this post and have watched Zin's video a couple of times.

I feel sorry for him as his decision clearly comes down to playing for love of the club and the fans (as he, clearly, feels one of us) and being professional and looking to pursue and secure a future.

Those are BIG gulps he takes as reality bites and has tinges of the goodbye of Zabba, for me.

What a strange over reaction and also downright wrong. It was his decision to go for more game time. He didn’t want to be here anymore. Also, he’s going to London and Arsenal. You’re acting like he’s being sent to the gallows.

so he put in a transfer request? Or more likely he said “hey Pep can I have more game time?” which is only natural.

maybe Mendy has got Mr Loophole to defend him and will soon be at left back again. Anyway have a nice evening x

I could only watch about three minutes of the interview before switching off, he obviously doesn’t want to go and looks in complete shock. Pretty fucking appalling in my opinion. Players come and go but let’s say Raz going which he obviously wanted, Gabby wanted more game time, but Zinchenko? Fuck that, it’s not always about the best players, it’s about the soul of the club, today I feel another bit got chipped away.
He’s turned down moves away before. If he didn’t want to leave he didn’t have to

Thanks Zini !

going by his comments - does seem he was pushed maybe to leave
a traditional Lb was priority for us i would think. If we get a lb he has no where to play and will get even less game time. Arsenal had a good offer hence the move .

Last edited:
Good luck to him. He didn’t have to leave but he’s chosen to play more football than we were able to give him.

Feels like a real kick in the gut, always thought Zinchenco was a great utility squad player who should have been kept around, I hope that it's his decision and that he isn't being pushed.

Gutted and wish him the best for the future.
The problem with all great utility squad players at City is if they're good enough for our bench they're probably good enough to be in the starting 11 for any team 3rd in the league or lower. He didn't want to go to Wolves a few years ago, backed himself to break through, did so, and he goes to a club where he can still play European games, make a real difference, push for trophies, and with a manager who knows how good he is. It's another exit that works for everyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.