Oliver Holt - Why Manchester City has lost its soul...

hertsblue said:
18 months isnt really a knee jerk reaction is it.

The amount of people on sky who keep coming up with "lost only 2 all season" and "in the semi finals" shows you none of them know the facts.

"Only lost 2 all season" = How many have we actually won. Has there been any game when we have pretty much dominated. 2 wins in 11 is the fact.

"In the semi finals"= yes, fantastic. But we have faced an average Crystal Palace and Scunthorpe, a reserve Fulham, and Arsenals kids to get there. yes city of old would have probably messed up somewhere but after 200 odd million spent, you expect us to get through these.

The fact is, Hughes had chances, was given chances and backing, but the team defensivly was looking worse by the week.
How we are still 6th with a game in hand after 2 wins in 11 shows you what a strange year it is with everyone taking points off everyone else. Any other year we wouldnt be in with a sniff.
Villa have opened a gap on us, and the way we were defending and playing that gap would have only got wider by the week

Finally .... THIS!!! ^^^

Personally, I was surprised that Hughes wasn't left in position until the summer, but it has to be said that -
1 - He wasn't ADUG's choice, and yet they gave him 18 months and an open chequebook. That is a decent run, and Hughes will get a £7m+ payout, which should help soften the blow.
2 - Despite the collpase of our defensive ability over the last couple of months, nobody could have predicted the poor form of ALL the "big 4" teams recently, and this has presented us with an opportunity that we might not get again for many years.
3 - Replacing Hughes with Mancini IS a gamble IMO - but most of us would agree that we showed no signs of hitting consistent top form recently, and we all know that new managers can be a catalyst for positive change. So I think we have a better chance of turning a corner with Mancini, on the basis I coulnd't see it coming otherwise.

Oh - and fuck off Holt.

Hughes at least had a Manchester connection, even if it was from the red side of town. He was someone English supporters could relate to. He had been one of the finest players of his generation.
/quote]

That sums his 'talent' up , lazy useless hack working at the worst tabloid around

bowdonblue said:
hertsblue said:
18 months isnt really a knee jerk reaction is it.

The amount of people on sky who keep coming up with "lost only 2 all season" and "in the semi finals" shows you none of them know the facts.

"Only lost 2 all season" = How many have we actually won. Has there been any game when we have pretty much dominated. 2 wins in 11 is the fact.

"In the semi finals"= yes, fantastic. But we have faced an average Crystal Palace and Scunthorpe, a reserve Fulham, and Arsenals kids to get there. yes city of old would have probably messed up somewhere but after 200 odd million spent, you expect us to get through these.

The fact is, Hughes had chances, was given chances and backing, but the team defensivly was looking worse by the week.
How we are still 6th with a game in hand after 2 wins in 11 shows you what a strange year it is with everyone taking points off everyone else. Any other year we wouldnt be in with a sniff.
Villa have opened a gap on us, and the way we were defending and playing that gap would have only got wider by the week

Finally .... THIS!!! ^^^

Personally, I was surprised that Hughes wasn't left in position until the summer, but it has to be said that -
1 - He wasn't ADUG's choice, and yet they gave him 18 months and an open chequebook. That is a decent run, and Hughes will get a £7m+ payout, which should help soften the blow.
2 - Despite the collpase of our defensive ability over the last couple of months, nobody could have predicted the poor form of ALL the "big 4" teams recently, and this has presented us with an opportunity that we might not get again for many years.
3 - Replacing Hughes with Mancini IS a gamble IMO - but most of us would agree that we showed no signs of hitting consistent top form recently, and we all know that new managers can be a catalyst for positive change. So I think we have a better chance of turning a corner with Mancini, on the basis I coulnd't see it coming otherwise.

Oh - and fuck off Holt.

spot on fella.

But that ignores the fact that a club like Liverpool has, so far at least, stuck by Benitez despite a torrid season and recognised that changing managers often only provokes instability.

That laughable bs renders an already sanctimonious pile of shite absolutely,totally hollow.
The only reason Benitez is still manager of the dippers is beacause he's got a bomb-proof deal.They can't afford to get rid and have no money for anyone coming in without selling Torres and Gerard.And Holt knows this well,but chooses to ignore it to back up and justify his self-righteous "nasty foreigners who know nothing about football" claptrap.

Avram Grant was sacked by Chelsea after replacing Mourinho and being one kick away from being CL champions.
Where was Holt's bleating then?
When Hiddink replaced World cup winner Scholari when he was still in the top 6-one of footballs worst kept "secrets"-where was Holt's hand wringing then?
Did he slate Rednapp for walking out on Pompey to go to spuds?I seem to recall the press in general saying it was "Harrys last chance to manage a big club."

Total,utter bollocks written by a bunch of selective,vindictive hypocrites.

squirtyflower said:
looking at the put downs here tonight. it looks as though we have reverted back to hitler's germany
where freedom of expression was jumped upon by the ss boot boys

Holt is entitled to his opinion, and he displays it with much more articulation than you would find in some posts on this forum. I happen to agree with the comments he makes. What has happened over the course of the last few days doesn't match with what the owners were spouting a few weeks ago. I do not trust anybody, never have done, whose words and deeds are strikingly different.

We carry on, and no doubt the few, and I sincerely think it is only a few, might refrain from posting an 'argument' composed solely of anatomical vocabulary best left in the gutter.

But Holt does raise the issue of Brian Kidd which has set me wondering. Joins 'the Academy' a few weeks ago and within a few hours of Saturday's kick off is installed as Mancini's assistant. Does he know Mancini? Does Mancini know Kidd? I think I detect the clear smell of rattus rattus!

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Maybe we don't. But they are right this time.
no offence mate, but after seeing you compare Khaldoon to Swales your opinion on this means less to me than Holts

this with knobs on. prestwich mate, the team were struggling against everybody and the nobodies with the exception of chelsea which was a great result. pray tell prestwich, if Les is such a great manager and did such a great job having spent 240 mil. what does that make mcleish and the job hes done at birmingham

Prestwich_Blue said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
THIS

the sooner the press realise we dont give a fuck about the bullshit they write the better

Sadly on this occassion the press are correct.This journalist has been very positive about City until this point.

stockportblue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Sadly on this occassion the press are correct.This journalist has been very positive about City until this point.

sorry the press are a shower of cunts. i want the best for city and its supporters. when the press start paying their hard earned out to watch us, i might take them a bit more seriously. just ask yourself this. who`s interest is it in to do the best for city, someone getting paid to right a story or the owner of our club who is pumping money into our club. when of course he could have choosen another.

i`m with our owners and any city fan who isnt is a mug

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.