Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us

Because he started work with City in 2011 as head of international business development and eventually worked his way up to COO of the CFG 3 or 4 years ago. Can you name any of his colleagues? Besides Soriano, Bergstein and Khaldoon I know I couldn't (I had heard of Berrada's name but couldn't have told you what he did). If it wasn't for the fact that he's gone to them lot you probably still wouldn't have heard of him.

Absolutely unimportant in the overall picture at City or the CFG, they'll just get someone else in to do his job.
I had heard of him 4 or 5 years ago. Mostly because of his COO (Chief Operating Officer) title. As I had worked for a number of those in the finance industry. Traditionally a COO looks after functions like HR, IT, Operations. In City's case Omar's brief was almost all commercial. So the Trafford bunch, having established that Football will be at the centre of their organisation appoint a commercial guy to run it.

As Bob Mortimer would say, Hee, Hee, Hee.

I had heard of him 4 or 5 years ago. Mostly because of his COO (Chief Operating Officer) title. As I had worked for a number of those in the finance industry. Traditionally a COO looks after functions like HR, IT, Operations. In City's case Omar's brief was almost all commercial. So the Trafford bunch, having established that Football will be at the centre of their organisation appoint a commercial guy to run it.

As Bob Mortimer would say, Hee, Hee, Hee.
And yet according to Sky:-

"United see Berrada as the ideal choice of CEO because of his fantastic record running both the football and commercial side of a club - having enjoyed huge success at City and Barcelona.

He brokered deals that saw City sign the likes of Erling Haaland and Jack Grealish, as well as generate record revenue from the City Academy."

It makes you wonder just what do we pay the likes of Khaldoon, Soriano and Begiristain for when Berrada did it all himself before going for a game of golf in the afternoon?

"United see Berrada as the ideal choice of CEO because of his fantastic record running both the football and commercial side of a club - having enjoyed huge success at City and Barcelona.

He brokered deals that saw City sign the likes of Erling Haaland and Jack Grealish, as well as generate record revenue from the City Academy."

It makes you wonder just what do we pay the likes of Khaldoon, Soriano and Begiristain for when Berrada did it all himself before going for a game of golf in the afternoon?
Indeed.

Swap Berrada for Woodward & change Haaland & Grealish to Pogba & Ronaldo ……

It’s easy this journalism malarkey.

Because he started work with City in 2011 as head of international business development and eventually worked his way up to COO of the CFG 3 or 4 years ago. Can you name any of his colleagues? Besides Soriano, Bergstein and Khaldoon I know I couldn't (I had heard of Berrada's name but couldn't have told you what he did). If it wasn't for the fact that he's gone to them lot you probably still wouldn't have heard of him.

Absolutely unimportant in the overall picture at City or the CFG, they'll just get someone else in to do his job.
Doing his job well with competent people above & below whom you can delegate & trust is totally different to being the only sane person in the crazy house. Hope it back fires spectacularly for him & he leaves within 3 months for his own mental health citing working with clowns is……

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.