Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us

Number 1 priority for Omar - sort out the fan base lol

JRB, , I love your posts on here about the ground development, but man that is complete bollox

I don't think anyone can doubt he would have a whole load of knowledge about how the club was run during his 12 years here. Don't think that can even be questioned.

Whether or how much he will divulge, different conversation.

Be it fear of legal consequence, be it propfessional courtesy, built up friendships not worth ruinging, or just generally not thinking it would work over there, doesn't really mean he would go handing everything on a plate.

Reactions: CC1
Poor Omar. When GPC starts sticking his oar in, amongst others he will realise the poisoned chalice he has taken on. If recent history tells us anything, it's that the Rags will ruin him and spit him out within 5 years.

Of course, it won't get to that, as he will be in prison from the beginning of 2025 and disbarred from football anyway.

The thing is, the culture at Utd is so toxic I'd be amazed if he'll be able to do anything much of consequence to remedy that. The fish stinks from the head (with the opposite also being true) and Utd have greedy owners who would rather suck the club dry and plunge it into debt than properly fix the stadium so that it's not an embarrassment or upgrade the training facilities. Is Omar going to be able to get rid of Baconface hanging around stinking up the joint?

Sure, they've now got Jim the Pensioner, who's clearly behind this move, but even if he is magically able to stop the Glazer family continuing to drive the club towards financial ruin, it's going to be a LONG road to fix things. Even if Jim + Omar get permission to get rid of the majority of their shit squad and replace them with players of decent character and exceptional ability, that will take years.

Even if you douse yourself in Chanel, once you lower yourself into the cesspit you smell of shit. I'd be surprised if Omar didn't regret this move not long after arriving. Think Henderson and Saudi.

I think it's obvious that he'll help them in a number of ways, primarily by getting their house in order with the way the football business side is ran (transfers, salaries, finance).

But it'll take years and a hell of a lot of perseverance to change their culture. I've heard it's a terrible place to work.

So in the short-term it won't make too much difference. In the long-term, and if he survives, he could be a coup.

Ultimately, he didn't select the players to buy, coach them or help us to win football matches. That's Pep/Txiki. My head would've fallen off if it was one of those two!

I don't think anyone can doubt he would have a whole load of knowledge about how the club was run during his 12 years here. Don't think that can even be questioned.

Whether or how much he will divulge, different conversation.

Be it fear of legal consequence, be it propfessional courtesy, built up friendships not worth ruinging, or just generally not thinking it would work over there, doesn't really mean he would go handing everything on a plate.

I suspect after 12 years, there was proper professional courtesy between Berrada and the club during all this. It's a good move for him. The club wouldn't try to stop him developing, I think. Certainly a challenge for him but United will get themselves organised one day, with or without him. As soon as they have a couple of billion to spend.

Agreed. The more challengers the lower the title-winning points total. They take points of each other (sometimes off us). It will help City, at least in the medium term.
It keeps everyone on their toes and that's how it should be, stops any complacency.

No, Omar has up to date information on City and the CFG. How the CFG was rolled out. How City and the CFG are managed. As well as lots of other information the Rags will be interested in. He has a treasure trove of information if Jim wants to extract it from Omar. And Omar obliges? Omar was on the City board. And he was probably privy to alsmot everything discussed at board level.
Actually, not sure he was on our Board

wonder why?
He’ll definitely be on their’s as it’s not as good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.