On this day, did you celebrate when Dzeko scored?

Did you celebrate when Dzeko scored?

• Total voters
I was trying to physically phone a friend but couldn’t get a signal. I’ve never had a lot of luck with data/wi fi at the Etihad. Glad it wasn’t just me with the phantom Sunderland equaliser rumour!
I was in the North Stand that day, and phone signals were poor I remember. Texts would arrive from people watching at home upto 60 mins late. In those days, I'd even sent a text from the ground and got home to hear it arrive!

Very mild satisfaction, that our unbeaten home record had been saved, but no hope whatsoever that anything more tangible was coming our way.

I'm slightly embarrassed (typical City and all that), that when people ask me for my feelings during the game, i can honestly say that i wasn't affected by it at any stage, i had already resigned myself to the "inevitable", so as such, from being obviously contented at half time, as the second half ticked away, and the prognosis worsened, particularly when they took the lead half way through, initial thoughts were we need to equalise virtually immediately, when that didn't happen, then changed to we have to score by the 80th minute. Once that had passed, i "knew " the game was up, so to repeat my first comment "oh well , at least we are still unbeaten at home"

I've gone yes as there's no suitable option, I can't really remember but think a very small half-hearted cheer & a clap....but it was the encouraging shout to get the fuck on with it that spread around the ground and built in volume which sticks in my mind.

Everyone around me did but i turned to the wife and said it means nothing. Made up for it a few minutes later.

At 2-1 I was sat in my seat and everyone around me stood up. When dzeko scored didn’t move, for some reason I stood up just as de jong got the ball unbelievable ended up 6 rows down on my arse

When horlock scored at wembley I was kicking the shite out of the seat in front literally screaming that it was too fucking late and just not good enough. My mate next to me then just calmly said "we'll get one more chance"
Fast forward to the Edin goal. No celebration from me, though a gut-wrenching sense of despair and hope. My young chaps on the seats in front didn't get a kicking. The same mate next to me calmly said "we'll get one more chance"...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.