One of the Worst Premier League Seasons?

Terrible season, terrible standard
I agree with this. I have never seen a season with such mediocre standards. Arsenal finishing second says it all. Good for Leicester who at least showed a consistent level of performance if not that great to watch. The rest, meh! If we play to anywhere near the level that I think Pep will get from a strengthened squad next season, we will be very competetive domestically.

I think the quality of football in the Prem has steadily got worse over about 7 or 8 years. Definitely the most exciting league in Europe but sometimes I watch it and think it is embarrassing that a league awash with so much money is so bad. I keep hearing that Leicester winning the Prem is "great for English football" but to me it just shows how utterly shit tactically (and especially defensively) the division has become. The performances of English teams in Europe in recent years pretty much sum the whole thing up.

It's the best because Leicester won it and it's the worst because Leicester won it.

Wank standard overall.

Some strange comments in this thread about the league in general. Pretty obvious that the top 8/10 teams in the premier league are all of a very good quality. Makes the league much more competitive and it much harder for 'top' teams to flat track bully certain matches. Check out the goal difference that Barca and Real have in La Liga and it's a pretty good indication of just how shit and uncompetitive that league is.

For us this season is a sign of things to come. There won't be an established 'top 4' anymore - there will be 7/8 teams all capable of finishing in the top 4 and I think that it will change pretty regularly.

GMP have praised the fans for how quickly the swamp was evacuated after the suspicious package was found, but a spokesperson added the evacuation wasn't as quick as the one when Dzeko made it 6-1 ....

I disagree with this principally as it is what rags say every time they don’t win the league. The idea that the league is only good when there are 2 or 3 really good teams is bs in my book. What makes this year stand out is the quality and form players are spread across the top 10 teams and any of these teams can beat each other on a good day. In my book that makes the league interesting.

I disagree with this principally as it is what rags say every time they don’t win the league. The idea that the league is only good when there are 2 or 3 really good teams is bs in my book. What makes this year stand out is the quality and form players are spread across the top 10 teams and any of these teams can beat each other on a good day. In my book that makes the league interesting.
I don't think many would disagree that it is the most competitive, most exciting and most interesting league in Europe.

key words here being exciting, interesting etc which would be hard to disagree with. Quality wise awful though

key words here being exciting, interesting etc which would be hard to disagree with. Quality wise awful though

So even though the team outside the traditional 'top' clubs are buying better players from across Europe and making the league more competitive somehow this is being done whilst the quality of football is going down. I find it hard to see the logic in that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.