One of the Worst Premier League Seasons?

I think the season Frizzell was in charge was worse than this , relegated to the third was worse than this season. Pearce's last season was worse than this. By recent standards we were poor.

I'm not sure I even understand the question mainly from the fact I haven't read the whole thread but from city's point of view it has been shit but not the worst, in terms of overall entertainment and quality of football across the board it has been the worst imho. Apart from our games I struggled watching any of the other teams. The standard has been very poor.

82-83 - first relegation in my lifetime. Bond walked out, Francis replaced by David Cross and David fucking Pleat

Not worst season by any stretch
86-87 - down with Jimmy Frizell after McNeil left. Dreadful and lost to Rags in cup.

Pearce season 2006-7 I think. Jesus wept

Also thought 4th and no cup finals in 77-78 was really disappointing given our squad
bringing us to this season which again with our squad and resources has been pretty poor. Without 4th it would have been awful and even now it is just the bare minimum given the context.

I tend to ignore the rag loving journalists who tend to say the PL is the best when they win it and when we do it is shit. I think it's been great this season and many teams have risen to the occasion but us only rarely

Finished fourth in the league, got a Champion leagues spot again, won the League cup, life could be a lot worse

Funny season for sure. The "top" clubs have been in the main, a shambles.

But on a more positive note, Leicester, West Ham and Southampton for example, have been excellent.

So "worst season ever"? Depends on where your viewing it from!

Our appalling record against the top sides,who have also been pretty shit, certainly backs up your point. In fact that's probably where I'm most disillusioned this season. Its hard to believe that we've, hopefully, got 4th and a cup yet lost 7-1 over two games to fucking Liverpool and didn't win a derby etc,etc.

1 point off the bottom three sides with only a single goal scored. Second spot if not top should have been a done job!!!!!

Crap for us, sure but as a neutral and tv audiences world wide its been a cracker and Scudamore will be more than happy.

I would say its one of the worse seasons we've seen from City in a few years...I'm not talking about the results and the fact we made the semi (CL)....what is most disappointing is the lack of effort and commitment they've shown on the pitch...dont think I've seen a City side with as little fight, passion or hunger to win as I've seen in this side, for a long time......

-and Aguero's tame side footed pass to the keeper yesterday that Iheanacho scored from sums it up!!!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.