One of the Worst Premier League Seasons?

If we're talking about the PL season as a whole, Leicester, Spurs & West Ham fans will be delighted and Southampton, Bournemouth & Watford fans will be very pleased with how their seasons have panned out. Sunderland fans won't be too disappointed and Liverpool fans will feel they've seen enough to give them confidence for next season (but what's new there). But the fans of the other 12 clubs will be disappointed with their season to a greater or lesser degree. And apart from Leicester, with so many teams having an underwhelming season, that doesn't make it a great season overall.

The standard of footbal has generally been pants, apart from Spurs. The fact a kick and rush team has won the whole thing speaks volumes.

This might be the season when money reaches the point where what you pay = what you get back in terms of effort and results has gone over the top of the rollercoaster and headed back down again.

A warning that just paying more and more dosh does not guarantee that a player will put in more and more effort. Indeed if they are getting so much win, lose or draw and not enough of their income depends on results this could be an ongoing trend. Especially as the money available to the other teams is evening the playing field somewhat.

City have tried to go for more performance related play bonuses, I believe.

That is THE big lesson of this season, I think.

Sometimes success and ever increasing pay = comfy lifestyle = complacency = reduced effort.

You cannot just pay more and more and expect the same exponential increase in effort in return.

Bit raggy saying it's a shit season just because we were shit.
The standard has been piss poor. Apart from united west ham recently I can't think of a game I watched where I didn't want it to end. Maybe that's because it was recently and my memory is skewed , but I honestly think it's been a shit season, objectively speaking, for entertainment value

I'm scratching my head here. We've won the league cup, got to the semi's of the champions league and are possibly top 4...but these achievements are puzzling as we've been dog for most of the season.
We've played better in past seasons and had fuck all to show for it.
Football. ...it's a funny old game.

I'm scratching my head here. We've won the league cup, got to the semi's of the champions league and are possibly top 4...but these achievements are puzzling as we've been dog for most of the season.
We've played better in past seasons and had fuck all to show for it.
Football. ...it's a funny old game.
We have finished at least 15 points behind Leicester fucking City. You can't defend that given the squad we have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.