One of the Worst Premier League Seasons?

For me it was winning the first 5 games playing great football. Completely raised my expectations to a new level. After the first 5, apart from a few highlights it's been below average.

Good point. It looked like we'd walk the league at that time and maybe even had a team that could compete with the likes of Real Madrid on a level playing field. It's certainly felt a real let down since even allowing for the injuries.

Assume OP means City seeing as it's not on the general football thread.

Disappointing - yes. Underachieving - yes. But nowhere near one of our worst seasons.

To ignore our tapestry of shit seasons is to disrespect our history.

If you'd read my posts correctly I was pointing out that we've SOMEHOW got something to show for a fucking awful season.
Pay attention at the back.
Okay. No need for twisted knickers, Mani.

For me it was winning the first 5 games playing great football. Completely raised my expectations to a new level. After the first 5, apart from a few highlights it's been below average.

this is exactly right, although below average is generous

From a City standpoint its been wank, but for the league in general its been great to see the old top 4 (and even the new top 4) completely destroyed by Leicester.
From a City standpoint its been wank, but for the league in general its been great to see the old top 4 (and even the new top 4) completely destroyed by Leicester.
I couldn't seem to take a second of pleasure about the Leicester thing. I hate Spurs but at least they're good to watch. But Leicester? Na.

Defo a feeling of underachievement and I'd even say we've played that bad you could flip it on its head and say we've actually overachieved for how shit we've been.

Our appalling record against the top sides,who have also been pretty shit, certainly backs up your point. In fact that's probably where I'm most disillusioned this season. Its hard to believe that we've, hopefully, got 4th and a cup yet lost 7-1 over two games to fucking Liverpool and didn't win a derby etc,etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.