One of your best memories being a city fan ?

scall1 said:
I think we should have a rule where the obvious ones can't be used, Wembley, the 5-1 etc.

I suppose one of my best memories would be the 3-1 against the scum, I think it was the second derby at our place. SWP scored a blinder in the final minutes, me and my Dad were jumping around like nutters, Keegan ran down the touchline screaming and shouting, claimed he did his back in doing so. I was out on the p!ss in Liverpool the night before, had a top time.
Doh! 4-1; Fowler, Macken, Sinclair and SWP. How dare you forget!! ;-)

May 11th 1985
"The aspirations of a season come down to the perspiration of the last 90 minutes"
City gaining promotion beating Charlton 5-1. One of my favourite games of all time....remember Jim Melrose coming right up to where my Dad and I were sitting after he scored the 3rd goal. If you've never seen it, watch highlights on Youtube...pure magic.
Sadly, on the very same day, 56 people tragically lost their lives in the Bradford City fire disaster.

My best memory has to be the first game my dad ever took me too which, although it was a 2-2 draw with Sunderland back in the '82/3 season, is still the best. Words can't really describe that first boyhood euphoria of being there at Maine Rd. in the stands, everyone cheering and singing, all the anticipation, the first time you hear the echoes of blue moon....looking up into my dad's eyes with such affection as he's singing away.....Pure Magic.

Besides that, the Gillingham playoff, as others have posted was pretty special. Horlock and Dickov will be legends forever. It's no wonder Tony Pulis has been giving us so much shit in the press lately!!! :)

bluemanc said:
3-Star-1.jpg

This.
this also..

plus the swamp behind the goal as dennis scored ..its still fresh in my mind..

wembley for cup finals

and so many god forsaken places watching city

bluemanc said:

I have got that picture and it is autographed too. The only trouble is I sellotaped it to my bedroom wall once and the folded it up when we moved (I was young, ok!) so it is pretty well worn now. But is still great to look at

apart from how ever a game turned out to be or weather we won or not is part and parsle to me when i get asked this question it has got to be stood in the kippax as a kid standing alongside the old railings and listening to the blue faitfull shout out songs from start till finish
i miss main road

headbutting a cockrel at the 81 cup final

cockey twat he was...skipping down wembley way knocking city lads hats off...so i butted him...i was 14 at the time

celebrating nevilles fcuk up/ goaters goal in a rag pub ,when a pissed off rag took a swing at me and shattered his hand on my head. I still laugh everytime i see him cos hes a local bully boy and he did it in front of all his rag mates. cock

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.