One of your best memories being a city fan ?

Goater666 said:
Wembley 99

Nearly burst into tears at 2-2.

nearly, u dont support city if it was nearly. mine were gushing!!!

this^^ closely followed by the FA CUP 3-0 overturned to 3-4 against spuds , sitting in the spuds end watching with 3 spud mates.. QUALITY!!! 10 men , u beauty!!

I have a hazy memory of my first game. It was a League Cup game on a Wednesday night against Spurs and everything about it was exciting, even just being up after bed time. It's a shame because going to Maine Roads for a night game was a proper experience that you rarely get these days. As much as I love Coms it's just doesn't have the same atmosphere. There's no match day smell anymore and everything is too spread out. I mean you can see Coms 20 minutes before you get to it. Maine Road use to just appear from round a corner, or if you were lucky you'd catch a glimpse from Princess Parkway or Wilbraham Road.

Strangley away from the obvious all my favourite moments revolve around the fans, before Blackburn in the cup, Schalke away before during and after, and waking up after derby day last year with a banging head ache but a sense of great satisfaction. I got a sausage BARM and sat and read the papers in the Febuary sunshine.

KIPPAXDAYS said:
Me and my mates in the Kippax, 2-0 down to Blackburn at halftime. One lad's kid brother tagged along, a Rag. Laughing his head off at us. I bet him a £5 we would win 3-2 with Curle scoring the 3rd as a penalty.

That £5 bought a shit load of Baji's from Abdul's. Oh happy days!
That was my first City game.

I've been watchin 'City since 1969 so i've got so many great memories , but the ones that stand above the others are ......

1981 ....... beating Ipswich at Villa Park
1989 ....... beating the rags 5-1
Gillingham play-off game at Wembley
70's ...... beating Boro at home 4-0 in the league cup 2nd leg
1974 ....... beatin' the rags away 1-0 Denis Law backheel
1976 ...... beatin' Newcastle at Wembley 2-1

we-r-the-big-4 said:
Goater666 said:
Wembley 99

Nearly burst into tears at 2-2.

nearly, u dont support city if it was nearly. mine were gushing!!!

this^^ closely followed by the FA CUP 3-0 overturned to 3-4 against spuds , sitting in the spuds end watching with 3 spud mates.. QUALITY!!! 10 men , u beauty!!

I dont really cry at anything mate.

I was just buzzing my tits off... never felt anything like it and havent since.

MCFC 4-1 the scum.

MCFC 3-1 the scum.

MCFC 2-1 the scum.

MCFC 1-0 the scum.

thats all i can remember as i only started showing real intrest in about 2004. (im 15)

Hi new here been lurking for quite a bit now, some realy good stuff here and also shite, first memories 9 at the time going to wemberley with my dad, brother in 1969 memory a bit fuzzy now but we won !!!!!!!! the atmosphere and expectation I can remember and these piss head blokes in front of us all swearing, happy days.

Weirdly one of the best days out was one of the worst.

I think it was early 80's away at Southampton on a midweek night in the league cup i think.

Picture the scene...having spent 3 hours in a car we finally arrive at their old ground.It is pissing down.We are in the usual bit...i.e an uncovered area next to the home support in the Archers Road end lovingly called by the locals as "the cage".

We procede to play shite and the game ends with my favourite of all City memories...Big Joe being stuck in no mans land as the southampton forward(could have been Steve Moran) chips the ball over his head making it 1-4.

The 500 or so City fans in the Cage had of course seen this coming and as a man all shouted "get back Joe,he's going to chip you".

Then we piled back into the car and drove home.

Quite why this has stuck in my head as my favourite memory i don't know.I suppose it's just a usual fans story.Nothing special.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.