One of your best memories being a city fan ?

M35 Blue said:
bluemoon27 said:
wembley 99,stayed at the wembley hilton and all the players come back there after the game and we were on the piss with them for ages and with Bishop all night.Got Andy Morrisons boot,still got it and the ref and the linesmen were on the piss with us a certain Mr Mark Halsey,if anyone remembers reading the papers over the following days when the were sayin the ref had been bribed well it was us and we bribed him after the game fckin idiots but he was up for the crack fair play to him

Didnt the G'ham chairman at the time want the game replayed as he had heard the ref had been on the piss with City fans after it and was seen singing Blue Moon!! Any truth in that mate?

very true but like i said it was after the game he was singing with us(thank you very much for the extra 5 minutes) smoking cigars my pal had bought a box and he was handing them out to everyone and we then took a collection in the box think we got £1.60 and emptied it out in his shirt pocket,good laugh

These are memories, not sure if you can really call them all 'best' memories...

Sleeping in a van in Peterboro night before fa cup game in sub zero temperatures, fekkin icicles hanging off the roof..and then getting fekkin crushed at the game..

The Sausages in Poland (and the robo cops)

City fans singing out the whore house windows in Hamburg..

Singing Oasis song half time at the swamp fa cup

All the obvious, Gillngham...Goodison then Villa PArk Fa cup.....first view of wembley 71...last game Maine Rd...all the promotion games, blackburn was special...

so many more..

Not sure if it's my best memory, but I recall a home draw against Liverpool back in the mid 70's when we were all filing out of the Kippax singing 'we're gonna' win the league' and having a good laugh about it.

Best memory?

The game against Newcastle in '68.

I was only 10 at the time, but it meant so much. We went up to the park and played footie 'till it got dark.

I was Mike Summerbee.

the morning i woke up and heard the arabs had completed the takeover and how much they were worth.. Shallow i know but its still a dream for me... Ewood park under royle was close to the wembley euphorics though!!!

BimboBob said:
Weirdly one of the best days out was one of the worst.

I think it was early 80's away at Southampton on a midweek night in the league cup i think.

Picture the scene...having spent 3 hours in a car we finally arrive at their old ground.It is pissing down.We are in the usual bit...i.e an uncovered area next to the home support in the Archers Road end lovingly called by the locals as "the cage".

We procede to play shite and the game ends with my favourite of all City memories...Big Joe being stuck in no mans land as the southampton forward(could have been Steve Moran) chips the ball over his head making it 1-4.

The 500 or so City fans in the Cage had of course seen this coming and as a man all shouted "get back Joe,he's going to chip you".

Then we piled back into the car and drove home.

Quite why this has stuck in my head as my favourite memory i don't know.I suppose it's just a usual fans story.Nothing special.

Mate, I have got this game as one of my worst experiences, it was '82 and l had on a brand new brown leather jacket that had cost a months wages, it was like a monsoon all game in the open away end and everyone was absolutely sopped.
As you say we got panned 4-1 (think bobby mac got our consolation goal ,header from a corner at our end) .

Anyway, on the 6 hour train journey back ,my pride and joy leather shrunk as it dried out and when l got off at Picadilly it was like a f-ucking straightjacket.

Wembley 81, my dad managed to get one ticket for the final and gave it to me, he played at a level where each club received a couple of tickets and being a blue he got one. I was 12 at the time and my dad drove me to Maine Road and put me on the coach early that day and would be waiting for me when I got back.

"What an adventure for a 12 year old"

When the coach pulled up I got out and ran towards the huge stadium, there was trouble outside the ground and not many blues had arrived as yet, Spurs fans were everywhere and setting fire to City flags and basically taking the piss.

I looked at my ticket and ran around to the steps with the letter of my ticket for the standing section, I think it was E, when I got there it was the Fuckin Spurs end, There I was decked out in the sky blue tracksuit with umbro diamonds down the side, City Wembley cal, the flag the fuckin lot.

No way was I going in, I sat at the top of a grass verge and watched the trouble as City arrived in there thousands and started to hold their own. I sat and waited it must have been 2.30 and I wasnt going in.

The next thing a party of around 60 blues walked passed amongst them Big Helen Turner complete with her bell, she must of thought I was lost and approached me. I told her I was alone and had a ticket for the wrong end. "Come with me" she walked me round to the City end where the biggest Cockney Skinhead was, Helen went up to him "oi have you got a ticket for the City end? do you want to swap for your end "Fackin ded right" came the reply, Helen handed me my ticket.

Running up the steps, clicking through the turnstyles, I was in, "Fuckin Get In There ! "

The sight as I entered the arena, Hutchisons goal at our end, I was pushed down the giant steps, lost a shoe, lost my cap, lost my flag the lot. The songs, The silence when the bastards equalised. Always hated Spurs since.

That whole day will stay with me till the day I die

The coach pulled in at about 10 at night and there was my dad waiting in his car

Thanks Dad for making me a Blue !!!

The 2-1 win over the rags last season. No doubt. It made me so proud and truly happy. Impeccable.

Im just a supporter of the last 2 years though.

mct said:
mine was a quite few years ago ,at maine road, kinky was doing a signing and i took my boy he was 7,he had a city top on i sat him on the table and kinky signed the back of his shirt ,i took a photo and i was buzzin.

the bigest laugh was the misses washed the top, and guess what..

...yes it came out .

what your best memories being a blue ?
23/09/89. hinchcliffe quoted by the red himself tyldsley

jimharri said:
scall1 said:
I think we should have a rule where the obvious ones can't be used, Wembley, the 5-1 etc.

I suppose one of my best memories would be the 3-1 against the scum, I think it was the second derby at our place. SWP scored a blinder in the final minutes, me and my Dad were jumping around like nutters, Keegan ran down the touchline screaming and shouting, claimed he did his back in doing so. I was out on the p!ss in Liverpool the night before, had a top time.
Doh! 4-1; Fowler, Macken, Sinclair and SWP. How dare you forget!! ;-)
had fowler 1st goal scorer city to win 3-1 75to1 the ex girlfreind said wats up with u when i wasn't celibrating then showed her the betting slip twenty quid on it. swp i could have strangled him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.