One Small Gripe About The New Stand

It's the fault of the catering company which has the tender. They employ students, etc., to work for a few hours per home game. No training is given and the managers don't care.
I only know cos I had a bar in the old Kippax for which I defied company orders and chose my own staff, all of whom had previous experience. Nobody waited for a beer at our bar as we always prepared loads before opening up (even if it did mean missing some of the game).

I arrived early at the stadium and got speaking to a steward who is a Rotherham fan and was working by city square. He said there's loads new catering staff inside and out and security. He said there is less showsec now and new firms are coming in, they got a lot more of (can't remember the names) ... Events and gcs (?) white and red badge wearing suits if anyone knows who they are.

It's far from party-pooping to suggest that the bars need sorting, it's a fact that the half-time experience if you want a beer is shite.

Maybe I'm being selfish here, but a football stadium BAR should just sell BEER. Beer, more beer and fuck all else. No crisps, Mars Bars or fucking sweets, just beer. I don't go the the pub to buy a bag of Starburst, so why the fuck are they behind a BAR when it's for serving BEER. And while you're at it, fuck the soft drinks off as well. Just serve beer. And serve it quickly & efficiently, with some semblance of organisation. Maybe get more than 4 staff members behind the bar to serve the hundreds of thirsty Blues who want a beer. Bars are for beers and beer drinkers.

Get it sorted.

I arrived early at the stadium and got speaking to a steward who is a Rotherham fan and was working by city square. He said there's loads new catering staff inside and out and security. He said there is less showsec now and new firms are coming in, they got a lot more of (can't remember the names) ... Events and gcs (?) white and red badge wearing suits if anyone knows who they are.

oh my good god, we're not employing G4S are we??

I don't think it's a question of the staff...I think it's a question of more bars/bottle bins

I'm surprised it's not been addressed at least in the South Stand where it could have been sorted due to the changes

Didn't try a beer yesterday as first game of the season it normally tastes and smells like a wet teatowel.

However, the bar staff get so much shit due to them being novices that I'd bet 75% only ever do the one shift then think balls to this for £30 or whatever they get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.