One thing we are missing

Was thinking this in the Summer, his anticipation and burst of acceleration would make a huge difference to both pressing and stopping counter attacks. Questions about whether he's good enough on the ball, but he's reliable and keeps it simple and can use his acceleration to get out of tricky situations and beat players without needing loads of skill.

Forced his way into the French international team last March and has been an ever present since, which suggests he possesses the technical ability to play at the highest level.

Its good to look around a dressing room when you are playing and know you have a few warriors in there,at any level.
Warriors....fine. I think Pab/VK/Dinho all fit the bill.
A thug like the fuzzy twat....No thanks

I agree with the many posters saying the ref's would not allow us to get away with that style of play in this era. If we had Jack Wilshere he would receive more red cards than Fernandinho. Sky would ensure his reckless challenges are played back to back. He hasn't got enough intelligence to control himself.
you are missing my point. we know we'll get a red, the player fouling jesus knows we'll get a red, but the thought that his season even career being over would make him think twice amount fouling our player in the first place.in business sense and ability sense people know they dare not fuck with city, we need that now displayed on the field of play.

I really think we are past this. 1) we need football players not the reincarnation of chopper Harris 2) we would be playing a man short every game with the current refereeing regime 3) fern, Yaya, komps and even David don't take crap off anyone and can dish it out with the best. What we need is referees to follow the rules of the game rather than hire some assassin. Don't think Pep needed that at Munich did he?

you are missing my point. we know we'll get a red, the player fouling jesus knows we'll get a red, but the thought that his season even career being over would make him think twice amount fouling our player in the first place.in business sense and ability sense people know they dare not fuck with city, we need that now displayed on the field of play.
So you want someone skilled at breaking people's legs or just someone who looks scary as fuck. Either way, I think Pep has us moving in the right direction without resorting to thuggery. Last time I saw it, Bog Brush hadn't exactly propelled the Rags to the top of the tree.

You're advocating ending a players career?

I really think we are past this. 1) we need football players not the reincarnation of chopper Harris 2) we would be playing a man short every game with the current refereeing regime 3) fern, Yaya, komps and even David don't take crap off anyone and can dish it out with the best. What we need is referees to follow the rules of the game rather than hire some assassin. Don't think Pep needed that at Munich did he?
It's not really a thing is it ? First Pep would never buy anybody to just be an enforcer. second there are aren't any players I can think off that fit the bill of 'thug' that have the ability to get anywhere near our team. Somebody said Wilshere he's not a thug just a stroppy twat.

To an extent, that could be one of the qualities that drew us to N'onzi, but I don't know if we need a player like that. For a start the referees would have a field day.

It's not really a thing is it ? First Pep would never buy anybody to just be an enforcer. second there are aren't any players I can think off that fit the bill of 'thug' that have the ability to get anywhere near our team. Somebody said Wilshere he's not a thug just a stroppy twat.
Exactly. Really not what we want or need or could get.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.