One thing we are missing

This isn't ice hockey and football has moved on, or maybe I'm wrong and we should bring back sir Joseph of Barton. who would you rather have, Dino or noble? gundogen or Henderson? you won't see many more gattusso's in modern football. more likely to be a non contact sport the way it's going, not that I like it.

I know there is more than one as in we need a keeper and 2 full backs but to me the main thing we are missing is a thug. It can be any out field player but we need a beast in the mould of that **** Keane or machrano,ramos even. Our kids along with Dave are getting kicked to fuck and they need protection. No good relying on the refs they are in on it. We need someone who will give it back. We are a lovely side to watch but we are too nice and too soft. We need a player that every other team fucking hate. Get one and we'll really be a top side.

Not yet read all posts but oh for another Mike Doyle to implement the old Joe Mercer advice that if you are going to retaliate make sure you do it first.

We don't so much need a thug as a team of consistent referees who aren't afraid of giving out yellow or red cards, regardless of whether its the 1st minute or 1st offence, and even if your surname rhymes with looney.

I wouldn't say we need a thug as such but we do lack physicality in the team. We used to have Hart, Vinnie, De Jong, Yaya and Tevez. Plenty of physical presence through the spine of that team. Not sure we have that now although I suspect Pep isn't that arsed, he hasn't different priorities.

Dinho is twice the player.

I certainly think Fernandinho`s a better football than Nigel, I`ve never said he wasnt.

My point is, at one time we didnt get bullied by anyone,now its almost a prerequisite. When Nigel was here we had Hart, a younger Zaba, a fit Kompany, Lescott, a younger Toure, Bellamy, Tevez, Barry. all reveled in the physical

I know the game has seemed to evolve into a none-contact sport. but teams still think they can kick us up and down the pitch and out of our stride.

Perhaps Jesus spirit will seep into the psychic of the team.

I wouldn't say we need a thug as such but we do lack physicality in the team. We used to have Hart, Vinnie, De Jong, Yaya and Tevez. Plenty of physical presence through the spine of that team. Not sure we have that now although I suspect Pep isn't that arsed, he hasn't different priorities.
We don't so much need a thug as a team of consistent referees who aren't afraid of giving out yellow or red cards, regardless of whether its the 1st minute or 1st offence, and even if your surname rhymes with looney.

best of luck with that one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.