Only 5 teams can still get 90 points - make that 4, 3, er 2

Re: Only 5 teams can still get 90 points - make that 4, er 3

loui_mcfc said:
Please please please can we wrap it up against wolves to get a guard of honour from the rags before, and lift the trophy after, the game.

this is what I've been saying all season will be really funny as I don't see that any awy fans would turn up to what that

that jock pisscan glowing bright red against a backdrop of skyblue empty seats in the away end showing what a classless club they really are
please RM make it happen

Lord BLue said:
xenon_ said:
Perhaps someone's mentioned this already, I've not read the whole thread but...

OP, you highlight stuff in red and yellow, yeah, and then say who's more likely and what-not, but look at where the top teams are dropping points this season. We lost to Sunderland, dropped points at WBA. The rags got beat by Blackburn. Tottenham drew to Wolves.

I get that stats and stuff are good, but football is football. Every game in the prem is difficult and it seems that the matches that you might consider "routine victories" are the ones where the top teams, for whatever reason, are in danger of dropping points.

Just a thought
sorry mate i wasn't making any predictions just listing who plays who. its way too difficult to predict results i agree, i was just highlighting games i thought important is all.

Oh no worries, just adding an alternative train of thought for the sake of discussion. Plus I never get to be a smart arse on this forum, haha

Re: Only 5 teams can still get 90 points - make that 4, no 3

updated...

City 54 (need 36 from 45): Fulham(H), Villa(A), Blackburn(H), Bolton(H), Swansea(A), Chelsea(H), Stoke(A), Sunderland(H), Arsenal(A), WBA(H), Norwich (A), Wolves(A), United(H), Newcastle(A), QPR(H)

United 54 (36/45): Chelsea(A), Liverpool(H), Norwich(A), Tottenham(A), WBA(H), Wolves(A), Fulham(H), Blackburn(A), QPR(H), Wigan(A), Villa(H), Everton(H), City(A), Swansea(H), Sunderland(A)

Spurs 49 (41/45): Liverpool(A), Newcastle(H), Arsenal(A), United(H), Everton(A), Stoke(H), Chelsea(A), Swansea(H), Sunderland(A), Norwich(H), Bolton(A), QPR(A), Blackburn(H), Villa(A), Fulham(H)

Re: Only 5 teams can still get 90 points - make that 4, no 3

updated...

City 60 (need 30 from 39): F Blackburn(H), Bolton(H), Swansea(A), Chelsea(H), Stoke(A), Sunderland(H), Arsenal(A), WBA(H), Norwich (A), Wolves(A), United(H), Newcastle(A), QPR(H)

United 58 (32/39): Norwich(A), Tottenham(A), WBA(H), Wolves(A), Fulham(H), Blackburn(A), QPR(H), Wigan(A), Villa(H), Everton(H), City(A), Swansea(H), Sunderland(A)

Spurs 53 (37/39): Arsenal(A), United(H), Everton(A), Stoke(H), Chelsea(A), Swansea(H), Sunderland(A), Norwich(H), Bolton(A), QPR(A), Blackburn(H), Villa(A), Fulham(H)

After Spurs away united have a lovely run of games to the City fixture, we could really do with Spurs taking something against them in 2 games time otherwise we could well be going into the derby having to win to go back above that lot.

If spurs can beat arsenal next game then they may go into the utd game thinking that a win will see them still in with a real chance at the title (which they would have) and therefore they might actually try playing against utd for once

If they lose to arsenal i think they will give up and just roll over for utd like they normally do

Having said that if Ade puts in a shift against utd he could cause there defence all sorts of problems!!!

simon23 said:
If spurs can beat arsenal next game then they may go into the utd game thinking that a win will see them still in with a real chance at the title (which they would have) and therefore they might actually try playing against utd for once

If they lose to arsenal i think they will give up and just roll over for utd like they normally do

Having said that if Ade puts in a shift against utd he could cause there defence all sorts of problems!!!
i think spurs usually play well against united but generally have really bad luck against them, the most obvious being that goal that never was at old trafford, where VDS pulled the ball back form way over the line.

Lord BLue said:
simon23 said:

i think spurs usually play well against united but generally have really bad luck against them, the most obvious being that goal that never was at old trafford, where VDS pulled the ball back form way over the line.

It was Carroll.

brad the blue said:
Lord BLue said:
simon23 said:

It was Carroll.
I stand corrected, tbh i'm not an expert on united players ;)

Lord BLue said:
simon23 said:

Spurs are generally awful against Utd, unlucky in some but on the whole they are one of the teams that many rags will expect 6 points from every season.

Hopefully this season it's different though and they have the belief that they can get a result against them.

3 of their next 4 games are away from home while 3 of the next 4 for us are at home, at the end of those 4 games I am hoping that we have a 4 point gap with us winning the 3 home games and them at least drawing one of Norwich, Spurs or Wolves away.

Our away game is Swansea, with their style of play I can't see us dropping points there despite their brilliant home form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.