Only 5 teams can still get 90 points - make that 4, 3, er 2

Only 5 teams can still get 90 points - make that 4, no 3

updated now that chelski can't get 90

City 51 (need 39/51): Tottenham(H), Everton(A), Fulham(H), Villa(A), Blackburn(H), Bolton(H), Swansea(A), Chelsea(H), Stoke(A), Sunderland(H), Arsenal(A), WBA(H), Norwich (A), Wolves(A), United(H), Newcastle(A), QPR(H)

United 48 (42/51): Arsenal(A), Stoke(H), Chelsea(A), Liverpool(H), Norwich(A), Tottenham(A), WBA(H), Wolves(A), Fulham(H), Blackburn(A), QPR(H), Wigan(A), Villa(H), Everton(H), City(A), Swansea(H), Sunderland(A)

Spurs 46 (44/51): City(A), Wigan(H), Liverpool(A), Newcastle(H), Arsenal(A), United(H), Everton(A), Stoke(H), Chelsea(A), Swansea(H), Sunderland(A), Norwich(H), Bolton(A), QPR(A), Blackburn(H), Villa(A), Fulham(H)

Bye Bye Chelsea, you'll not be getting 90 points now....

Chelsea 41 (49/48): Swansea(A), United(H), Everton(A), Bolton(H), WBA(A), Stoke(H), City(A), Tottenham(H), Villa(A), Wigan(H), Fulham(A), Newcastle(H), Arsenal(A), QPR(H), Liverpool(A), Blackburn(H)

Re: Only 5 teams can still get 90 points - make that 4, er 3

Perhaps someone's mentioned this already, I've not read the whole thread but...

OP, you highlight stuff in red and yellow, yeah, and then say who's more likely and what-not, but look at where the top teams are dropping points this season. We lost to Sunderland, dropped points at WBA. The rags got beat by Blackburn. Tottenham drew to Wolves.

I get that stats and stuff are good, but football is football. Every game in the prem is difficult and it seems that the matches that you might consider "routine victories" are the ones where the top teams, for whatever reason, are in danger of dropping points.

Just a thought

xenon_ said:

OP, you highlight stuff in red and yellow, yeah, and then say who's more likely and what-not, but look at where the top teams are dropping points this season. We lost to Sunderland, dropped points at WBA. The rags got beat by Blackburn. Tottenham drew to Wolves.

I get that stats and stuff are good, but football is football. Every game in the prem is difficult and it seems that the matches that you might consider "routine victories" are the ones where the top teams, for whatever reason, are in danger of dropping points.

Just a thought
sorry mate i wasn't making any predictions just listing who plays who. its way too difficult to predict results i agree, i was just highlighting games i thought important is all.

Re: Only 5 teams can still get 90 points

Damanino said:
Don't like the fact we still have to go to Everton, Stoke and Newcastle.
United played all this away matches already. And they have the same points or only 3 points less if we beat Wigan.

85-86 points is the maximum we can get this year but we have to win some tough matches for that. Hopefully that would be enough to first place.

This Everton/Stoke/Newcastle away trio should be at least 4-5 points.

Ermm...would you rather be going to spurs, utd & chelsea?

Not sure I get the logic. We have by far the easiest away run in on paper.

xenon_ said:

Just a thought

This is futbol, and futbol is verry strange :D

I reckon after the next 8 games we need to have a lead of at least 5 points. After that it gets very difficult but if we're good enough we'll win this. United and Spurs have to play most of the top 7 away whilst we play most at home. With a 3 point lead already it is definitely ours to lose.

As a side note I just had a glance at our fixture list and came to the conclusion that being knocked out of the FA Cup was bloody brilliant. Over the next couple of months there are plenty of times that we'll have a full week off, something that Bobby has wanted for a long time.

jay_mcfc said:
I reckon after the next 8 games we need to have a lead of at least 5 points. After that it gets very difficult but if we're good enough we'll win this. United and Spurs have to play most of the top 7 away whilst we play most at home. With a 3 point lead already it is definitely ours to lose.

As a side note I just had a glance at our fixture list and came to the conclusion that being knocked out of the FA Cup was bloody brilliant. Over the next couple of months there are plenty of times that we'll have a full week off, something that Bobby has wanted for a long time.
Don't get your hopes up too much, EL fixtures aren't in the list yet :p

Nobody is going to break Mourinho's record for the foreseeable future. Too many strong sides and the mid table teams are much more organised than they were in the past. I doubt Barcelona's ability to break 90 in the prem, though they'd certainly win it.

Re: Only 5 teams can still get 90 points - make that 4, no 3

updated...

City 54 (need 36 from 48): Everton(A), Fulham(H), Villa(A), Blackburn(H), Bolton(H), Swansea(A), Chelsea(H), Stoke(A), Sunderland(H), Arsenal(A), WBA(H), Norwich (A), Wolves(A), United(H), Newcastle(A), QPR(H)

United 51 (39/48): Stoke(H), Chelsea(A), Liverpool(H), Norwich(A), Tottenham(A), WBA(H), Wolves(A), Fulham(H), Blackburn(A), QPR(H), Wigan(A), Villa(H), Everton(H), City(A), Swansea(H), Sunderland(A)

Spurs 46 (44/48): Wigan(H), Liverpool(A), Newcastle(H), Arsenal(A), United(H), Everton(A), Stoke(H), Chelsea(A), Swansea(H), Sunderland(A), Norwich(H), Bolton(A), QPR(A), Blackburn(H), Villa(A), Fulham(H)

Please please please can we wrap it up against wolves to get a guard of honour from the rags before, and lift the trophy after, the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.