Only City still undefeated after 15 games (this PL season)

Re: Only City still undefeated after 10 games

sam-caddick said:
BlueBlood84 said:
To win this league you need to be looking at winning 70-75% percent of your games.
Our current percentage of wins is 60. So yes we need to improve but it is early days.
We can afford to draw almost a dozen games, what we can't afford to do is end up with 8 draws 4 defeats etc that's what will kill us off.

-- Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:55 am --

happychappy said:
4 wins and a draw from the last 5 games in the premier, I'd take that from the next 5 premier games if you offered it me right now

As would I. In fact if we maintaned that kind of form all season we'd piss the league.
Either way, I think a points tally of around 85-90 points is what it will take to win the league again!

I'd go with the lower end of that range.

If you look at last season, 89 points won it and there was a huge gap between 2nd and 3rd with the 3rd placed club 19 points back on 70.

There's no way the points will be so hogged by the top 2 this season. I expect Chelsea, them and us all to be pretty close and also not so much of a gap back to Arsenal, Spurs and the rest.

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe
1 - Sheffield United's defeat means Manchester City are the only unbeaten team in England's top four divisions this season. Blunted.

about time we started playing though because although we are unbeaten we havent been a shadow of the team we can be.

It's a great achievement to go unbeaten, but you should also remember that in theory, a team which goes unbeaten all season, but draws all its matches, would probably stand a good chance of being relegated these days.

THFC6061 said:
It's a great achievement to go unbeaten, but you should also remember that in theory, a team which goes unbeaten all season, but draws all its matches, would probably stand a good chance of being relegated these days.
Yes but 9.5 times out of ten, the teams that loses the least wins the league.

How did your neighbours get on in the Invincible's season? Or Chelsea when they lost one all season?

Anyway, we are not out of the woods yet, we have yet to play Wigan at home or Norwich away......

;-)

Chippy_boy said:
sam-caddick said:
BlueBlood84 said:
To win this league you need to be looking at winning 70-75% percent of your games.
Our current percentage of wins is 60. So yes we need to improve but it is early days.
We can afford to draw almost a dozen games, what we can't afford to do is end up with 8 draws 4 defeats etc that's what will kill us off.

-- Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:55 am --

As would I. In fact if we maintaned that kind of form all season we'd piss the league.
Either way, I think a points tally of around 85-90 points is what it will take to win the league again!

If you look at last season, 89 points won it and there was a huge gap between 2nd and 3rd with the 3rd placed club 19 points back on 70.

There's no way the points will be so hogged by the top 2 this season. I expect Chelsea, them and us all to be pretty close and also not so much of a gap back to Arsenal, Spurs and the rest.

On current form after 11 games rags are on target for 93

THFC6061 said:
Well luckily for us we've already won 6, so if we draw the rest we'll make 50 anyway, unlike you, who would only make 45, so still a slight risk of getting sucked in.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Chippy_boy said:
sam-caddick said:

On current form after 11 games rags are on target for 93

And if they had drawn today, using your method they would finish with a total of 86.

Just pointing out that averages multiplied swing greatly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.