Only City still undefeated after 15 games (this PL season)

Re: Only City still undefeated after 10 games

MSP said:
Chippy_boy said:
MSP said:
I'd rather if we had 9-0-1 in first 10 matches tbh.

8-0-2 would still leave us with 2 more points than we have.

Unbeaten means nowt in terms of our title-winning chances. (As is blindingly obvious from the fact that we are third, behind 2 teams that have lost already.)

Exactly. When reporter asked Hart about not beaten at home record after QPR game in May he answered - I couldn't care less about that record. And he was right - the draw in that game would see that record too but wouldn't see a title.

It's exactly how I feel about this still unbeaten stuff. Couldn't care less and would rather more points while being beaten.

Sunderland have same number of defeats as rags but sits near the end of the table with 15 points less.
I prefer to think of us as 2 points off the mark while playing about as badly as we're capable of playing.

YOu can think as you want and it's true what you're saying but I still think it's absolutely not important if we are beaten or not, I'd rather more points than that stuff.

I'd rather have one win and one defeat than 2 draws. That's actually the reason why football authorities introduced 3 points system, to promote wins.

Points are what is important on the end, not the "pride" of being unbeaten. Dortmund could actually drop from our CL group with single defeat in last game against us. And we could top group with 2 defeats.

MSP said:
YOu can think as you want and it's true what you're saying but I still think it's absolutely not important if we are beaten or not, I'd rather more points than that stuff.

I'd rather have one win and one defeat than 2 draws. That's actually the reason why football authorities introduced 3 points system, to promote wins.

Points are what is important on the end, not the "pride" of being unbeaten. Dortmund could actually drop from our CL group with single defeat in last game against us. And we could top group with 2 defeats.
I... was agreeing with you.

It's all about the building blocks. Don't lose, aim to win, especially at home. Just that 1 goal could make all the difference.

75 points isn't a bad starting point.

taconinja said:
MSP said:

I... was agreeing with you.

Good man, lol

Drawn 4 won 6, 5 points clear of fourth, yes fourth place aint too bad, especially when you consider that we're not playing that well and I think we are likely to improve.

I reckon 9 points from the next three games is doable, but 7 would be acceptable.

C'mon guys, lets get behind the team, even in these hard (cough cough) times.

The future is bright, the future is blue.

4 wins and a draw from the last 5 games in the premier, I'd take that from the next 5 premier games if you offered it me right now

If i'm honest i think people are slightly blowing this 'bad start to the season' nonsense out of per-portion. Against West Ham, even though we didn't win, i thought that was the best we have played in a while.

To win this league you need to be looking at winning 70-75% percent of your games.
Our current percentage of wins is 60. So yes we need to improve but it is early days.
We can afford to draw almost a dozen games, what we can't afford to do is end up with 8 draws 4 defeats etc that's what will kill us off.

-- Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:55 am --

happychappy said:
4 wins and a draw from the last 5 games in the premier, I'd take that from the next 5 premier games if you offered it me right now

As would I. In fact if we maintaned that kind of form all season we'd piss the league.

BlueBlood84 said:
To win this league you need to be looking at winning 70-75% percent of your games.
Our current percentage of wins is 60. So yes we need to improve but it is early days.
We can afford to draw almost a dozen games, what we can't afford to do is end up with 8 draws 4 defeats etc that's what will kill us off.

-- Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:55 am --

happychappy said:

As would I. In fact if we maintaned that kind of form all season we'd piss the league.

A dozen games is about right, Arsenal's invincibles went 26 games won, 12 draws, 0 losses, 90 points!

Either way, I think a points tally of around 85-90 points is what it will take to win the league again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.