Only City still undefeated after 15 games (this PL season)

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
tonea2003 said:
So you are still confident that we can win the league. I am not being defeatist but people trying to gloss over what has been a truly woeful season so far (albeit in 2nd). If we lose next week it's over for me

truely woeful? really?
and why is it over if we lose next week?
talk about dramatic

So you will be happy being 6 pts behind worst case scenario next week with us then facing the geordies away and the rags playing Sunderland at home-Not dramatic-Realistic mate
but you didn't say anything about being unhappy, you said it would be all over

SWP's back said:
We have not deserved to lose any match Liverpool aside so I think woeful is over egging the pudding.

Performances woeful IMO
League postion-Acceptable at the moment
Add in the league cup ext plus CL performances its been a pretty bad season up to now.

squirtyflower said:
tonea2003 said:
truely woeful? really?
and why is it over if we lose next week?
talk about dramatic

So you will be happy being 6 pts behind worst case scenario next week with us then facing the geordies away and the rags playing Sunderland at home-Not dramatic-Realistic mate

Sorry-Let me reiterate Squirty. We lose and yes IMO it is going to take some doing to claw it back even at this stage. Those fuckers are not going to blow up for 2 yrs on the spin. Be honest,can you really see it. I am happy to be proven wrong but from what I have seen on the pitch is how I have formed my opinion

Mancio said:
cookster said:
Mancio said:
in the real world a truly woeful season would see you fight relegation bottom of the table

I think you need a bit of perspective. Sides assembled at a cost of 300M plus don't fight relegation.

If we don't win a trophy this year and in reality there are 2 left - Mancini might not survive the summer.

in fact we arent , and by the way , Sides assembled at a cost of 300M plus don't doesnt have any divine right to win trophy every season

I didn't say we had a right, I just pointed out that once again you have made a daft comment re. fighting relegation.

i would rather have two wins and a loss = 6 points, than one win and two draws = 5 points.
We should be pushing for the win in every game.

squirtyflower said:

Sorry-Let me reiterate Squirty. We lose and yes IMO it is going to take some doing to claw it back even at this stage. Those fuckers are not going to blow up for 2 yrs on the spin. Be honest,can you really see it. I am happy to be proven wrong but from what I have seen on the pitch is how I have formed my opinion
well i have to admit it's most unlike you to form an unshakable opinion without weighing up all the evidence

6 draws.

12 points lost.

TBH it's great being undefeated(?), but in the cold light of day City have already dropped 12 points, which is the equivalent to losing 4 games.

If the unthinkable should happen and we lose to United next week, that's 15 points dropped already this season, apart from being 6 points behind United.

Hmmm.

squirtyflower said:
squirtyflower said:

well i have to admit it's most unlike you to form an unshakable opinion without weighing up all the evidence

Arrrr thanks Squirty.I am glad I am top of your Christmas card list.....

With so few games and such a big squad, we'll have the media picking away at our disgruntled stars come January, as Mancini will likely field a similar league side each weekend. He may have to sacrifice the FA Cup and play a 'weakened' side to maintain squad cohesion, knowing one slip up, poor performance, or wrong decision could see us dumped.

To win the greater prize we need to stay strong and remain within striking distance come the end of February. Think we'll be slugging it out come April/May and that the experience gained last year will prove invaluable.

I have been thinking our season is about to 'start' soon, but now don't expect to see us set the heather alight as we did last year. We're a more muscular side now and look conditioned for the attrition of the league.

squirtyflower said:

why aren't they, they are awful at the back, you are doing what others do, let them get away with their reputation.
to give up now is ridiculous

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.