Only City still undefeated after 15 games (this PL season)

waspish said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
SWP's back said:
We have not deserved to lose any match Liverpool aside so I think woeful is over egging the pudding.

Performances woeful IMO
League postion-Acceptable at the moment

Woeful? Compared to what standard?

Liverpool definately played better than us but other than that no one else has.

However we have certainly had some poor performances this year, especially in the first half when we are too slow and predictable.

A draw next week would be ok but we can't afford to lose.

Need to start going for the throat a bit more in first half.

After rags we have Newcastle, Reading, Sunderland, Norwich and stoke which are all winnable but potentially tough especially as 3 away.

squirtyflower said:
Opinion changed-Everything is rosy in the garden!

Oh and Squirty isn't a miserable old fart as he feels offended by it!
i see you have managed an extra word as well now

well done that must have taxed your cell somewhat

Grow up. F.F.Sake man. You really don't like me -I get it - but don't worry you can keep on hiding behind your mod status and sending me silly pm's about me being thuggish!!
Deary deary me

squirtyflower said:
Opinion changed-Everything is rosy in the garden!

Oh and Squirty isn't a miserable old fart as he feels offended by it!

Grow up. F.F.Sake man. You really don't like me -I get it - but don't worry you can keep on hiding behind your mod status and sending me silly pm's about me being thuggish!!
Dreary dreary me
sorry, but wasn't it you that sent the PM, or have you forgotten already?

squirtyflower said:
squirtyflower said:

Dreary dreary me
sorry, but wasn't it you that sent the PM, or have you forgotten already?

I await your response to my perfectly reasonable PM.

You can't underestimate what an unbeaten run does to a team, mentally. Unbeaten in nearly two years at home in the league, unbeaten so far this season, not lost at home for about 20 games in Europe. We tell teams that we're hard to beat without even saying or doing anything. This is firmly in their heads throughout the match and forms a kind of inferiority complex. It's one of the reasons the scum didn't even get a shot on target last time they played us. The fact we're unbeaten without any momentum is totally encouraging.

Remember the Arsenal invincibles? As a poor club at the time, you just got the sense that they could turn up and win without breaking sweat. That is where we are right now, and it's our reputation that is pulling us through games.

SWP's back said:
Tomie makes a good point. I would rather have lost at Chelsea,beat West ham,Beat Everton and lost at home to Arsenal.

We would be better off points wise than being unbeaten.

Can people please stop going on about being unbeaten. You get fuck all trophies for this.

The derbies are pivotal and we need to be the 12th man next week.
And last season you'd have taken draws at Swansea, Arsenal, Everton and Sunderland and Chelsea....

So you are still confident that we can win the league. I am not being defeatist but people trying to gloss over what has been a truly woeful season so far (albeit in 2nd). If we lose next week it's over for me

We've got 1 point more than we got against the same teams last season (substituting promoted for relegated teams).

If we lose next week (should please a few that hate us being unbeaten) we are still very much in the title race.

Have we forgotten last season already?

We should be big favourites to win the title

Reason 1) We're not in the Champions League and that will drain Man Utd when it starts again

Reason 2) We are an all round team. United's defence is a shambles, and any team can beat them.

jonmcity said:
i would rather have two wins and a loss = 6 points, than one win and two draws = 5 points.
We should be pushing for the win in every game.

We do.

The season is over 38 games and each match presents different challenges , opportunities and momentum swings and game changing moments.

Until mathematically we cannot win the title this year we can win the title.

Yes we haven't played at our best but 9-6-0 is a good return and we have had a number of injuries along with RM thinking about what we may need to do down the track to improve our standing in Europe.

Sometimes you need short term pain for longer term gain and you learn more from your losses than you do your wins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.