Onuoha & Ireland + £15m for Milner

irreverent ad said:
richards30 said:
if city pay £30m for milner then for the first time i would say we have more money than sense!! khaldhoon and bobby manc have been saying and saying about not getting ripped off but if we do a deal of this value for milner then we`ve been ripped bigtime!!

Lescott?

I agree £30m is steep. But £23-24m is his value.
lescott was probably the most wanted cb at the time we went for him though mate!! he was flying for everton and to be honest right before he had to have his op he was superb for 5 or 6 games!! he lloked a rock and hopefully he can get fit and be a reaslly important member of our new back four.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
irreverent ad said:
Villa are not holding you to ransom. Villa paid £12m for him. Turned him into the PFA Young Player of the Year and got him into the England team.

All that for a £3m profit. How would that make sense??!!!

bs. Get Ireland & Onouha if you want them and develop them into quality players, but it's pathetic to ask for any more than £20m for him, £8m is all you deserve for it, sorry but you overpaid for him in the first place, and I don't see why we need him anyway.

We did not over pay. We bought potential. Potential that is starting to be realised. That £12m is a snip now. You obviously have not seen much of him in the centre.

City paid £7m for a Championship player in January. Yes he now looks worth it and some more on top. BUT you bought potential. It's the same thing but you are now buying of bigger teams/leagues.

You may not see why you need him, but your manager does!

I wouldnt say he was shit,average yes,but he did slag city off on soccer a.m so for that alone he has to go,who is he to slag our club off!!

richards30 said:
irreverent ad said:
Lescott?

I agree £30m is steep. But £23-24m is his value.
lescott was probably the most wanted cb at the time we went for him though mate!! he was flying for everton and to be honest right before he had to have his op he was superb for 5 or 6 games!! he lloked a rock and hopefully he can get fit and be a reaslly important member of our new back four.

Sorry mate but I always thought his goals masked his frailties. Maybe I haven't watched him enough though.

Do you think he will play at cb this season?

irreverent ad said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
bs. Get Ireland & Onouha if you want them and develop them into quality players, but it's pathetic to ask for any more than £20m for him, £8m is all you deserve for it, sorry but you overpaid for him in the first place, and I don't see why we need him anyway.

We did not over pay. We bought potential. Potential that is starting to be realised. That £12m is a snip now. You obviously have not seen much of him in the centre.

City paid £7m for a Championship player in January. Yes he now looks worth it and some more on top. BUT you bought potential. It's the same thing but you are now buying of bigger teams/leagues.

i'd go as far as £15m + onouha and that's it, I don't think he's worth any more than that, and I'd also say AJ is better than him.

irreverent ad said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
Fuck off MON and the papers.

Either £15m for Milner or Ireland & Onouha for Milner and no cash.

I'm sick of our club being held to ransom.

Villa are not holding you to ransom. Villa paid £12m for him. Turned him into the PFA Young Player of the Year and got him into the England team.

All that for a £3m profit. How would that make sense??!!!

It doesn't. His value to another club pushing that top 4 envelope might be £30m, but it shouldn't be to our club as we have no pressing need for him. We have significant depth in all the positions he could possibly play, so I'm not even sure he would be in our starting 11 unless we play a very conservative defensive style.

To me he's on par with Boateng in terms of talent for their age and we only paid £10m for him and he's 3 years younger. Being English is not worth £20m extra to us as we are not short in that area either. With the stars in our team, I don't see Milner's jersey being one of the top sellers, so he doesn't offer us that either. Long and short, irregardless of what people think of his talent, he simply does not have enough star value to justify a £30m price tag. If he was being sold to any other team in the league but City, we'd be talking in the £15m to £20m range for him.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
irreverent ad said:

i'd go as far as £15m + onouha and that's it, I don't think he's worth any more than that, and I'd also say AJ is better than him.

Fair enough it is a game of opinions. I disagree of course ;)

TheLegendOfBerti said:
Milner nor Lescott nor any English player is worth more than £20m.

It's symptomatic of the English game and why England won't win anything.

Knowing the stupidity of our board though, we'll pay it.
a bit harsh with the comment of our board mate?!?! dont forget what they`ve done for us since sheik mansour has been in charge.

irreverent ad said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:

Problem is that your argument about paying for potential actually pulls down his valuation in my opinion. He's a little beyond "potential" at age 24 and having played several seasons already in the league. Paying £20m for him would be a gift to Villa. I'm also not convinced that Mancini wants Milner, but rather our "football administrator" Brian Marwood due to his homegrown status.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.