Onuoha & Ireland + £15m for Milner

tommytheblue said:
If this was the Brazilian/Italian/Spanish/Argentinian Young Player of the year, you guys would be singing his praises. The fact is he is the best Young player (as voted by his peers) in one of the top 2 leagues in the world.

He would never be voted best young player if was any of those leagues.
Not nearly technically good enough. Industry doesn't cut it elsewhere like it does in England.

I'm not Ireland biggest fan, but on the ball, he is far superior, he passes better, better vision. We have enough work horses. Milner doesn't represent value for money, we don't need him. As for being young, he's 24!

Again I am saying that is not what he is about. Yes it is a bonus but that is not his game.

You mention vision and passing, BUT I believe that there was only 2 other players who got more assists in the Premier League last season. Thats pretty good vision and passing!

I can only believe that you have not watched him play in the centre much. As a right winger he is average, as a central midfielder he is like a young Gerrard.

What every blue MUST get there head round, we are creating a team to compete at the very highest level of european football.certain players wether developed at city through our academy,or purchased before or after the takeover,will get left behind.ability and attitude,are paramount,mancini wants players who HE can work with.HE is not in a popularity contest with the players,inspire,motivate,players who are hungry and have that WINNING MENTALITY,and desire to be successfull.Ireland cant tackle,head a ball,and contributed very little last season,has a fragile personality,and is not superman.Nedum is insecure and lacks confidence he will develop further,a move away from city in an enviroment under less scrutiny,pressure,and expectation,will be his best alternative.HATE being critical of our players,whom i do respect,however i,m not in a popularity contest either,JAMES MILNER will if he signs prove a lot of people wrong on this site,expect different systems next season,home away and in europe.TRUST MANCINI,and his judgement,and we can all enjoy some success,how much who knows ? After 40 yrs i want more than youth cups.ctid

if city pay £30m for milner then for the first time i would say we have more money than sense!! khaldhoon and bobby manc have been saying and saying about not getting ripped off but if we do a deal of this value for milner then we`ve been ripped bigtime!!

Ok, I agree that Milner isn't worth anything close to 30 mill, and don't get me wrong, I want Ireland to stay, but I think peoples hearts are ruling their heads here when it comes to Irelands current value. We can talk about the great season he had a couple back but in reality, Milner had a far better season last year so in current market he is worth more. I'm not saying that's right when it comes to potential etc but that's the way it is. If we were to put Ireland on the market tomorrow I doubt we'd get any more than 10 mill for him.....just being realistic.

richards30 said:
if city pay £30m for milner then for the first time i would say we have more money than sense!! khaldhoon and bobby manc have been saying and saying about not getting ripped off but if we do a deal of this value for milner then we`ve been ripped bigtime!!

Lescott?

I agree £30m is steep. But £23-24m is his value.

mannycity said:
What every blue MUST get there head round, we are creating a team to compete at the very highest level of european football.certain players wether developed at city through our academy,or purchased before or after the takeover,will get left behind.ability and attitude,are paramount,mancini wants players who HE can work with.HE is not in a popularity contest with the players,inspire,motivate,players who are hungry and have that WINNING MENTALITY,and desire to be successfull.Ireland cant tackle,head a ball,and contributed very little last season,has a fragile personality,and is not superman.Nedum is insecure and lacks confidence he will develop further,a move away from city in an enviroment under less scrutiny,pressure,and expectation,will be his best alternative.HATE being critical of our players,whom i do respect,however i,m not in a popularity contest either,JAMES MILNER will if he signs prove a lot of people wrong on this site,expect different systems next season,home away and in europe.TRUST MANCINI,and his judgement,and we can all enjoy some success,how much who knows ? After 40 yrs i want more than youth cups.ctid
THIS

Milners a good player but we'd be getting raped with that deal there... I'd only pay £15m tops for him... Ireland I'm not too fussed about, not because I don't rate him (I really really do) but because I think he will leave at some point this Summer... Ned though... do not want to see him leave... he is already a good player with potential to improve, also just prefer the player we have than the one we can get

TheLegendOfBerti said:
Fuck off MON and the papers.

Either £15m for Milner or Ireland & Onouha for Milner and no cash.

I'm sick of our club being held to ransom.

Villa are not holding you to ransom. Villa paid £12m for him. Turned him into the PFA Young Player of the Year and got him into the England team.

All that for a £3m profit. How would that make sense??!!!

irreverent ad said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
Fuck off MON and the papers.

Either £15m for Milner or Ireland & Onouha for Milner and no cash.

I'm sick of our club being held to ransom.

Villa are not holding you to ransom. Villa paid £12m for him. Turned him into the PFA Young Player of the Year and got him into the England team.

All that for a £3m profit. How would that make sense??!!!

bs. Get Ireland & Onouha if you want them and develop them into quality players, but it's pathetic to ask for any more than £20m for him, £8m is all you deserve for it, sorry but you overpaid for him in the first place, and I don't see why we need him anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.