Onuoha & Ireland + £15m for Milner

O'Neill and Lerner are taking the piss! Milner is no more worth £20M+ than Lescott is a £20M+ defender! Ask ANYONE if the Milner they saw in South Africa was a £20M+ player and the ONLY answer has to be NO! He made ONE PASS of note and gave the ball away loads.

Yes, he is industrious and appears to be one of those players who is very DURABLE for the EPL, but COME ON!?! £20M+?? Seriously?!

One only needs to come on here and try and build a team with all the "stars" in and we quickly discover that some of them have to sit on the bench! We actually have an entire thread about the £100M bench, ffs!!

TBH, I'm not sure we NEED any more players. Nothing wrong with Onuoha, Richards, Ireland, Weiss, MJ (when fit), SWP, Zabba, etc, etc, etc....yet they are not even included in most people's starting line up for the coming season! WTF, half of you do not even have Kompany in your starting line-up?!!!

Milner < Barry. One decent season from Milner after years of averageness and suddenly he's worth £30m? Ridiculous.

In the real world (not "City prices"), he's worth £12m

This is a ridiculous deal and if City allow this to go through we will a) both greatly strengthen a serious competitor of ours and b) let it be known that we are okay with being held over a barrel.

awful deal

ireland>milner for starts

milner is a work horse who can also cross a ball.....thats it

BringBackSwales said:
AC1DK1LLA said:
I think this is a great deal for us and for them. I like Ireland but think it would be unfair to watch him on the bench so let him go Villa. I'm not Onuohas biggest fan but with the homegrown player rule maybe we should keep him even if he is shit.

Do you watch City? On what basis is Nedum Onouha "shit"? The second half of the season before last he played regularly and he was outstanding, last season unfortunately he did not get much of a look in due to the expensive signing of Kolo Toure; he is a decent footballer, and a decent lad, and he is not "shit"

AC1DK1LLA said:
I think this is a great deal for us and for them. I like Ireland but think it would be unfair to watch him on the bench so let him go Villa. I'm not Onuohas biggest fan but with the homegrown player rule maybe we should keep him even if he is shit.

Utter rubbish... we would be giving Villa two of the best academy players we have produced AND £15m all for an overrated player who, after the signings of Yaya Toure and David Silva, is no longer strictly necessary.

Currently we have a midfield of

A Johnson, M Johnson, Barry, Weiss, Y Toure, D Silva, Ireland, S Wright Phillips, Viera and De Jong (who, let's not forget, will be playing in a world cup final).

Add to that the fact that Bellamy, Robinho, Kompany and Zabaleta can all play midfield and I struggle to see why we need to bend over backwards for Milner.

The ONLY player I would splash a big amount of cash on (up to £30m + Robinho) would be Mesut Ozil who is a hell of a lot better than Milner and younger to boot. He single handedly tore apart England (twice if you include the Under 21s) AND a phenomenally talented Argentina side in the world cup and has made a big impact in the Bundesliga - all at a very young age.

Milner is overrated, we dont need anymore middlefielders, do not sign him

Thats insane, a straight swap with Ireland would be about right. But i'd rather have Ireland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.