Onuoha

Nelly's Left Foot said:
liscal said:
Regardless of what he said on Soccer AM, the bottom line is he's not good enough. Seems like a nice guy and there's no doubting his blue loyalties. I think he'll be a better centre half than full back, but we're building a squad of top class players, who are comfortable on the ball and can see and make a pass. Sadly, Ned doesn't cut it at the top level. Boyata is a much better option in my view. Nice goal though :)

Is that based on your opinion from his time at City or does it take into account his season so far at Sunderland. Ask Sunderland fans and they migth disagree.

I agree more a centre back than full back back but he has been superb for Sunderland this season and his goal plus crossing from full back has been a bonus. As for whether he will be better than Boyata who knows but seeing as Boyata has been full of mistakes , and bad ones, so far this year Ned is currently in front by a distance.

Its based on his time both at City and at Sunderland. He seems to be doing well for them and I'm genuinely pleased for him, but I've not seen anything to change the view I had before he moved North. There's no faulting the lad's attitude or effort, but he looks a little awkward on the ball to me, a natural athlete rather than a natural footballer. Boyata has made a couple of mistakes (the Arsenal sending off, the Poznan goal), but I wouldn't say he's been 'full' of them and I think he's more of a natural and has real potential. To add to the debate, I've not given up on Micah, who I also think is more of a centre half than full back. Game of opinions.

liscal said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Is that based on your opinion from his time at City or does it take into account his season so far at Sunderland. Ask Sunderland fans and they migth disagree.

I agree more a centre back than full back back but he has been superb for Sunderland this season and his goal plus crossing from full back has been a bonus. As for whether he will be better than Boyata who knows but seeing as Boyata has been full of mistakes , and bad ones, so far this year Ned is currently in front by a distance.

Its based on his time both at City and at Sunderland. He seems to be doing well for them and I'm genuinely pleased for him, but I've not seen anything to change the view I had before he moved North. There's no faulting the lad's attitude or effort, but he looks a little awkward on the ball to me, a natural athlete rather than a natural footballer. Boyata has made a couple of mistakes (the Arsenal sending off, the Poznan goal), but I wouldn't say he's been 'full' of them and I think he's more of a natural and has real potential. To add to the debate, I've not given up on Micah, who I also think is more of a centre half than full back. Game of opinions.

I havent given up on Micah either.
Re Boyata I think you can add Chelsea to his mistakes ( he somehow got away with them) and WBA where he was distinctly average. Can't actually think of a game without mistakes from him this season and to quote the manager" he is young and you have to accept mistakes"

We should not have loaned Onuoha out to Sunderland.

They should have either paid the transfer fee or we should have kept him.

He will be in the England squad before the end of this season...

Soulboy said:

It has been proved to be the correct decision imo for both him and the club.

He's getting games so gaining more experience and if he makes the England squad then great as it puts a bigger value on his head.

Ill always want Nedum at city, just seems to be a blue for life.
Although the comments werent great on soccer am, i can understand them, he was clearly fustrated after getting no game time and wasnt even getting a chance.
Regardless of his well taken goal yesterday, I still hope the best for him, hopefully that at city.

Soulboy said:

Fantastic then if he does! We can take him back and have him more experienced and more confident, just like Hart who is now considered the best English keeper.

The fact that he is a city fan, came through the academy and scored a fantastic goal at the weekend seems to have clouded the reality which is he isn't good enough for us. For a right back i want to see a good defensive performance and yet the two things that are being sounded out are his assist for Bent v Liverpool and his goal at the weekend, what about the other games where he has looked like the nervous ned nickname is has gained in the past.

Boyata is ahead of him because he is better than him, Richards is ahead of him because he didn't slag the current manager and club off on national television.

Nice lad, average premier league footballer.

powerful, fast, intelligent, great lad;not a natural footballer,not a quick-thinker,in short a product of scouts and coaches with tunnel vision,stuck in the fifties.He will do well at a club that see survival as the only realistic goal

I'm sorry but what constitutes "good enough"? 25 world class players?

He is better than Richards and Lescott (on recent form, maybe not when he's in peak form) so is Onuoha not "good enough" to sit on our bench as cover?

He kept Bale much quieter than Richards did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.