Open arms for new fans !

annsav said:
i am irish and i am a city supporter for nearly 40 years.we have 2 season cards which we renew every year instead of having a sun holiday. i have only missed 2 home games this season sadly 1 of them was last night and i gave our tickets to 2 "manchester" blues at face value. i have never been to an away game but every home game is an away game to me. if i go on a day trip it takes 22 hours other games are an overnight hotel stay and flights for every game.our jerseys are bought in the city shop and worn with pride in manchester and in ireland where there are many city supporters.we are spending a lot of money in manchester and in the club where there have been many irish players through the years that we are very proud of and it saddens me to be told we are not welcome at the club that we love every bit as much as the rest of ye from manchester.we have loved every game at maine road and eastlands/etihad and will be there on may 13th to hopefully see OUR team win the title.

You are absolutely welcome, do not let any of the Little Englander Daily Mail readers on here let you think any different. I'm proud that we have fans from all over that have supported us for years, it shows great character to stick with City through all the lean years, no matter where you are from.<br /><br />-- Wed May 02, 2012 12:42 am --<br /><br />
jrb said:
I will give you two camels for your Wife.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/p08gn.jpg[/bigimg]

Absolutely no need for that comment.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPxFVXFPsYA[/youtube]

I couldn't help but be reminded of this video.

Its inevitable that new fans will start supporting city as the club gains global recognition, but as long as they respect the club and its ideals its not a problem for me.

The missus mate married a South African lad a couple of years back - as soon as he came to manc, I set about making sure he chose the right team to support - He's now returned to SA to set up the SA supporters club

i support City. I have never felt like I chose them, from day one it was love and i dont know why or how but it seemed right. this was about a year before the sheik came and i understood we wouldnt be as successful as my friends who supported the bigger clubs. i didnt care.

i cant go to games but i try to be the very best supporter i can. and if you cant handle me supporting City because i wasnt born under the Kippax well then fuck right off! Who the fuck are you to tell someone who he can or cant support?

As a Phillies fan I've been through this in the last five years. They were always horrible and finally got over the hump and now everybody and their grandmother is coming out of the woodwork to support them. Luckily they're easy to spot so you can usually dismiss them fairly easily.

My biggest fear is being labeled as a glory hunter now. Obviously I'm not a manc but city is the only team I've ever supported and I've been a fan my whole life. I just don't want to be labeled a glory hunter with the success.

Still, in the end I'd rather we be successful and get abuse than have us be shit every year.

Honestly, if someone somewhere was watching the match Monday night, I really can't blame them for wanting to jump on board. The "Hey City" moment was really special. Not the sort of thing that happens that often. Don't think it will even be recreated if we win the league. That sort of thing is just magic and I can't blame someone for wanting to be a part of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.