Open arms for new fans !

BimboBob said:
IcelandicBlue said:
dobobobo said:
Why should we welcome glory hunters?

I'm all for foreign supporters who have City as their second team. But anyone from England seeking glory can fuck right off. "#Together" was following City even when things were really bad.

What about foreigners like me who have had City as their first team since they were 5?

3 whole years? Pah...

13 really :(

ALL blues are welcome! Every city shirt i see out and about, is one less rag one. I've met fellas who come from ireland and one from denmark who come to sit in their ST seats EVERY GAME!

Now that's a 'supporter'.

Oh but not the cockneys. Never the cockneys.

Oh Ok then the cockneys as well ;0)

I always track the FB stats. On average we get about 60,000 new "likes" a week. The latest weekly figures aren't out but it has already jumped 30,000 or so since yesterday. And that photo of Vinny with the boys in the dressing room Has 30,000 likes alone. Madness really.

The most popular age range for the 2.5m fans we have is 13-17 year olds...

KansasCITY said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:
I couldn't care less if some twats in America wear our shirts and support us just as long as they don't get anywhere near COMS/Etihad

why though? if I ever do get to a city match I will sing until I go into a lung-related coma.

You can come to the Etihad whenever you want if you can get a ticket, everyone is welcome. Keep The Faith

IcelandicBlue said:
dobobobo said:

I'm all for foreign supporters who have City as their second team. But anyone from England seeking glory can fuck right off. "#Together" was following City even when things were really bad.

What about foreigners like me who have had City as their first team since they were 5?

You are welcome, because like I said, I'm all for foreigners supporting other teams. I support Barca. But I take issue with fans who switch teams seeking glory. We've criticised United for it for so many years. We get six points of them and sudddenly it's ok to welcome glory hunters.

(You'll be even more welcome if you know how I can get 'Næturvaktin' on DVD Region 2 along with the other series. No one sells it!)

dobobobo said:
IcelandicBlue said:
dobobobo said:

You are welcome, because like I said, I'm all for foreigners supporting other teams. I support Barca. But I take issue with fans who switch teams seeking glory. We've criticised United for it for some many years. We get six points of them and sudddenly it's ok to welcome glory hunters.

(You'll be even more welcome if you know how I can get 'Næturvaktin' on DVD Region 2 along with the other series. No one sells it!)

It is inevitable the fans from outside of England will change their favourite Premier League team with success. I am sure there are plenty of City fans who took an interest and maybe even bought the shirts of Milan in the 90s, Madrid in the 00's and Barca now.

I would rather fans from other countries take an interest in City as it is one less fan feeding the coffers at the swamp. The same goes in the UK for young and casual fans with no affiliation to any club, if they want to support City, the more the merrier.

I would agree though, the kind of UK fans we don't want are those that have previously been Liverpool, Shite or Chelsea fans who just jump ship at the first sign of trouble and support City because we are winning. It's not that their money is not welcome, it's just they've obviously go no character or loyalty, which is the cornerstone of our support.

Shaelumstash said:
dobobobo said:
IcelandicBlue said:

You are welcome, because like I said, I'm all for foreigners supporting other teams. I support Barca. But I take issue with fans who switch teams seeking glory. We've criticised United for it for some many years. We get six points of them and sudddenly it's ok to welcome glory hunters.

It is inevitable the fans from outside of England will change their favourite Premier League team with success. I am sure there are plenty of City fans who took an interest and maybe even bought the shirts of Milan in the 90s, Madrid in the 00's and Barca now.

I would rather fans from other countries take an interest in City as it is one less fan feeding the coffers at the swamp. The same goes in the UK for young and casual fans with no affiliation to any club, if they want to support City, the more the merrier.

I would agree though, the kind of UK fans we don't want are those that have previously been Liverpool, Shite or Chelsea fans who just jump ship at the first sign of trouble and support City because we are winning. It's not that their money is not welcome, it's just they've obviously go no character or loyalty, which is the cornerstone of our support.

Yes, this is exactly what I am trying to say with my tired fingers. I want nothing to do with them sort of supporters.

Welcome to Manchester City. If you do not pass what we affectionately label the "York Away Exam" you must choose another club.

LoveCity said:
Welcome to Manchester City. If you do not pass what we affectionately label the "York Away Exam" you must choose another club.

I was at Reading in 98 and saw us lose in those awful bumblebee shirts in the pissing rain. I think Beardsley was playing for us during his short spell with the club. Am in "in" yet? :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.