Open arms for new fans !

DruntBlunt said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:
I couldn't care less if some twats in America wear our shirts and support us just as long as they don't get anywhere near COMS/Etihad
How nice. Considered saving a week of my holiday, scrape together some hard earned money, ask my local branch of the supporters club to reserve me a ticket, buy a plane ticket, order a hotel room - sometime next season. Guess i shouldn't bother then since I'm not a manc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

yeah, what a stupid comment to make. Surely if I'm willing to travel all the way from Kansas for a game that makes me a real fan? But appearently not.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
dobobobo said:
Why should we welcome glory hunters?

I'm all for foreign supporters who have City as their second team. But anyone from England seeking glory can fuck right off. "#Together" was following City even when things were really bad.

Kids under 13 in Devon, Norfolk and Lincolnshire, who are going to switch to City couldn't have been at York away.
They will demand (and get) a replica shirt for their birthday and cheer us on from afar over the next few years.
In 10 years time, they'll be in their local supporters club travelling to games or choosing Manchester Uni so they can be in their ''spiritual home''.

Welcome them all.

Couldn't agree more.
Just as long as they go to the proper Manchester University,and not that dreadful Manchester Met Polytechnic place :)

DruntBlunt said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:
I couldn't care less if some twats in America wear our shirts and support us just as long as they don't get anywhere near COMS/Etihad
How nice. Considered saving a week of my holiday, scrape together some hard earned money, ask my local branch of the supporters club to reserve me a ticket, buy a plane ticket, order a hotel room - sometime next season. Guess i shouldn't bother then since I'm not a manc.

cheaper to watch football in england than youre local noggy team ;)

KansasCITY said:
LoveCity said:
Welcome to Manchester City. If you do not pass what we affectionately label the "York Away Exam" you must choose another club.

I wasnt born :(

me neither, doesn't mean I can't support city. I'm as good a fan as the next. In fact living away gives you more choice of what team you can support, so to support City just shows you chose City because you truely beleive in them.

KansasCITY said:
DruntBlunt said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:

yeah, what a stupid comment to make. Surely if I'm willing to travel all the way from Kansas for a game that makes me a real fan? But appearently not.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
I am not referring to what you think I am referring to, I am as I have posted just now referring to those fans who live in foreign countries and didn't have a clue that we existed before the takeover, who don't know and don't care about our past and are only supporting us for the money
I have no problem with fans who live in foreign countries supporting us as long as they are lifelong blues and not just glory hunters who support us for the money

Interesting topic. I too would be gutted if we ended up with girls screaming how much they love City just because we have a 'fit' player or we end up with fans whom have previously followed another club yet will tell anyone who will listen how they've been there for years, before we even won the EPL2011/2012. Finger crossed.

However I have no problem with new fans. Last night on the bus from the ground back to town we sat next to a lad from Abu Dhabi, he had flown in for the game especially and loved every minute of it. He spoke with such admiration for City, the occasion, his admiration for the Sheikh and what he is doing.

He had taken 100's of photo's and lots of film of the game, his day out and seemed a thoroughly decent kid.
I would guess he was in his late 20's and obviously has enough passion for the club to want to spend his money to come and watch us.

After all is his trip not the reason behind the takeover, are we not all supposed to be pulling towards the same goal? A world class football team?
I don't know how others feel, but I was lumbered with being a City fan from the early 80's purely and simply because my Dad was a blue. Yet for years I have hoped, invested my time and money in hoping we could one day be the best.

Now one day we could actually be the best and people want to slag new fans..
Well if the kid I met on the bus from the UAE is anything to go by, I would much prefer to spend the next ten years sat next to him than the miserable bastard I sit next to now, who I can only presume is Didsbury Dave.

To see a guy in England for the first time, watching City live for the first time talking with such passion for the club, the fans and the City made me proud.
I say fuck off to the girls who want to wear 10 'hottie' shirts but welcome with open arms anyone who wants to share my club with so much passion.

MCFC 4 EVER said:
DruntBlunt said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:

I am referring to those who only support us because of the money we have, the types who didn't even know that we existed before the takeover, those who wouldn't be able to name a single pre-takeover manager or player. Not those who are lifelong blues who live in another country

but the money is what is raising our profile above the rags, dippers etc. these new supporters would never have had a chance to see us in the past as we got no media coverage. they now see what we are and hear our story and start to follow us. What's wrong with that?

It would have been nice if all these Twitter football fans had supported us when we were shit and skint. The extra revenue would have been much appreciated.

I've no problem with out of town blues or anything like that but I can't help but be suspicious of people who've just decided to support City as we finally look like becoming the real deal.

Ronnie the Rep said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:
DruntBlunt said:

I am referring to those who only support us because of the money we have, the types who didn't even know that we existed before the takeover, those who wouldn't be able to name a single pre-takeover manager or player. Not those who are lifelong blues who live in another country

but the money is what is raising our profile above the rags, dippers etc. these new supporters would never have had a chance to see us in the past as we got no media coverage. they now see what we are and hear our story and start to follow us. What's wrong with that?
They would start to follow us but I just get the feeling that if another team got taken over like us they would just move on to them, I may be wrong but that is what I think would happen<br /><br />-- Tue May 01, 2012 3:26 pm --<br /><br />
TheMightyQuinn said:
It would have been nice if all these Twitter football fans had supported us when we were shit and skint. The extra revenue would have been much appreciated.

I've no problem with out of town blues or anything like that but I can't help but be suspicious of people who've just decided to support City as we finally look like becoming the real deal.
Spot on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.