Opening ceremony

Prestwich_Blue said:
Ruhr said:
Lucky Toma said:
Does anyone know who the German guy is yet? He must be getting a rain of shit back home.

think, that is Walter Tröger, who was an IOC member for 20 years.
Born in 1929 so would have been in the Hitler Youth no doubt.

There's no way he meant that, we could all be accused of 'heiling' in our day to day movements if there was a photographer following us.;

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Ruhr said:
think, that is Walter Tröger, who was an IOC member for 20 years.
Born in 1929 so would have been in the Hitler Youth no doubt.

There's no way he meant that, we could all be accused of 'heiling' in our day to day movements if there was a photographer following us.;
I didn't mean to imply he was a Nazi but he did actually fight in the latter stages of the war. In his defence, he was mayor of the Olympic Village in Munich in 1972 and heavily involved in efforts to free the Israeli hostages. This made a deep impression on him plus he personally made amends to Jewish former athletes who were excluded from the German team in 1936. So I'd certainly give him the benefit of the doubt.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Congrats to Danny Boyle.

I cant believe he got the Queen to jump out of a Helicopter with James Bond.

Cant believe he got the lyric in "Kidney machines pay for rockets and guns"

Those Chimneys in the opening segment were inspired, especially with all those Drummers !

Frank Turner,The Arctic Monkeys, Sebastian Coe talking and not wanted to kick the shit out of him;

That stunning lady carrying the flag for Djubati :

A fantastic show - very well done.

You don't actually believe that, do you?

Skashion said:
Lucky Toma said:
Does anyone know who the German guy is yet? He must be getting a rain of shit back home.
I doubt it. In Germany they are probably clued up on what the Nazi salute is and know that looks nothing like one.

Well, it does actually.

Not that I'm saying he is doing a nazi salute, but of course it looks like one.

Other than the scouse corpse,that Sandie bird,the Arctic chimps and Dizzee fuckin rascal it was top class - didn't think we'd be capable of a show like that,great job by Boyle.

FantasyIreland said:
Other than the scouse corpse,that Sandie bird,the Arctic chimps and Dizzee fuckin rascal it was top class - didn't think we'd be capable of a show like that,great job by Boyle.

Who would you have chosen for the live music?

FantasyIreland said:

Quite right.
It was most inconsiderate for Boyle not to take a cursory glance through your record collection when planning the music,rather than selfishly choosing material from artists that he though others may like who he thought fitted the occasion.
They should make sure that whoever choreograph's the next games asks you first to get your approval.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.