Opposition view: Swansea City

bluemurray said:
peoffrey said:
de niro said:
I never begrudged a club having money, I was indifferent to Chelsea getting roman. its a cheap shot made from desperate and jealous people.

For me, the Chelsea revolution helped liven up the Premiership when only U****d and Arsenal looked set to win the title. Even further investment has now led to the most open title race in years.

Completely agree with this, its a fact that the league is now far more exciting than was ever the case during the early 'naughties' when it was the same old 4 getting to the top table season in season out. Now we are in the healthier position of there being arguably 7 clubs with a realistic shout for the Champions League places and some of the reason for that is clearly the investments made at Chelski, City, Spuds to a lesser extent not to mention the financial restraint forced upon both Arsenal and nited by their owners and the gradual decline of Liverpool as a major force. Long may it continue as far as I am concerned and I will also be quite happy when another club gets a slice of the cherry as well!

Indeed. It's a league players the world over want to play in and the competitiveness is a MAJOR part of that. It's the reason why Swansea can now draw and sign halfway decent players at all, so he should be pleased as punch that owners dump money into their clubs, be they top 4 billionaires or mid table millionaires, because it all helps add to the prestige of the league that Swansea now play in. Swansea are in Europa now for god's sake! Things are working out for them! We even gave them all of that cash for free a few years back! Oh.. I mean they threw in Scott Sinclair, but basically it was a gift. Point is he needs to love those money pumping owners. Love love love.

Champions2012! said:
Still waiting on one of these where they don't bring up the money
Useless-box.gif

Understand other fans attitude regarding our money but would have thought Swansea would be happy with foreign owners buying clubs especially when they look at the mess Cardiff are in.

I welcomed Chelsea having money pumped in as it broke the United, Arsenal, Liverpool trilogy.

I also have views regarding foreign teams playing in a different league, Swansea are Welsh and should IMO be playing in the Welsh league similar to Rangers/Celtic playing in Scottish league.

Like others I'm bored at the constant sniping at money being pumped in to our club, almost countless examples of other clubs at some point in history being rescued by rich benefactors, not many examples of these clubs essentially building a new school in a poor and run-down area of their City.

We have the best owners in the world, ever, anyone who cannot see the good it has done for the league or an under-priviledged area of one of the world's great Cities is quite frankly a d1ck.

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Understand other fans attitude regarding our money but would have thought Swansea would be happy with foreign owners buying clubs especially when they look at the mess Cardiff are in.

I welcomed Chelsea having money pumped in as it broke the United, Arsenal, Liverpool trilogy.

I also have views regarding foreign teams playing in a different league, Swansea are Welsh and should IMO be playing in the Welsh league similar to Rangers/Celtic playing in Scottish league.

You'll find that both Cardiff and Swansea among others were invited to join the English football league as Wales had no football association of its own. A Welsh league didn't exist until 1992. Rangers and Celtic were never invited because there was already a flourishing football league set up in Scotland at that time and Scots had already set up the SFA as they'd split with the English FA.

Sigh said:
Champions2012! said:
Useless-box.gif

Here's one that doesn't

Man City Q and A
30 December, 2013 By Steven
The first game of 2014 see’s the Swans welcome title favourites Manchester City to the Liberty Stadium. We spoke to Ric from*http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/ for the lowdown on Wednesday’s opponent.

How’s your season been so far?

Overall I’d say it’s been a good first half of the season for City. Our home form has been imperious and whilst we’ve struggled on our travels at times, there are signs of improvement on that front recently.

Progression to the knockout stage of the Champions League was imperative this season, and was achieved with relative ease.

What’s your opinion on Manuel Pellegrini’s start to life at Manchester City?

It took a while for Pellegrini to implement his own playing style on the squad, but we are now reaping the rewards. At times last season our play was too cautious and laboured, but we are playing a much more attacking game under Pellegrini. The approach seems to be “we will score more than you”, and it’s great to watch. Whilst it can leave us vulnerable at the back, few teams can match our vast array of attacking talent.

His man management skills are good, and he has commanded the respect of the squad. He has shown his European pedigree by progressing in the Champions League and, whilst he perhaps doesn’t have as close a relationship with the fans as Mancini enjoyed, few are still pining for the Italian.

Who have been your star players and who needs to buck their ideas up?

Of the new signings, Fernandinho and Negredo have excelled and added another dimension to our play. The likes of Aguero, Kompany and Silva look back to their best, whilst Samir Nasri is playing the best football of his City career, and appears rejuvenated under Pellegrini.

Javi Garcia and Edin Dzeko continue to frustrate, and it wouldn’t come as a surprise if both were to move on at the end of the season.

You have a very strong squad which is capable of competing on all fronts. But what competition would you most like to win and why?

Winning the Champions League would arguably be more of a statement and would raise our profile, but the Premier League is the priority for me. Anything else would be a bonus. Not that we can be too picky mind you, given our paucity of success over the years!

The Premier League season has been very open. Who do you think are your biggest challengers for the Premier League?

Liverpool have been the best team we have played this season, but may lack the squad depth to sustain a title challenge. Arsenal look to be back in form following their recent wobble, whilst you can never rule out Mourinho’s Chelsea. It’s the most open title race in years, which is good for the league.

What do you make of Swansea and which players are you wary of?

Swansea play good football, and gave us a difficult match at The Etihad a few weeks ago. The 3-0 scoreline flattered us, and it could have been a different story if de Guzman had taken his chance in the first half. I have a great deal of respect for Laudrup as a manager, and Swansea as a club. The likes of Shelvey, Hernandez, and Bony will all be a threat.

Predict the score and where both teams will finish.

Swansea 1 City 2. We’ve struggled at the Liberty Stadium in both visits so far, but we are on a good run of form at the moment and will hopefully maintain that momentum. I think/hope/pray City will finish first, and think Swansea will finish tenth.

I can honestly say I wasn't in the slightest bit arsed when chelsea hit the jackpot in the same way I wouldn't be arsed if my neighbour rolled up in a new ferrari. Good luck to em I say.

Jealously is a horrible trait.

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Sigh said:
Champions2012! said:
Useless-box.gif

Here's one that doesn't

Man City Q and A
30 December, 2013 By Steven
The first game of 2014 see’s the Swans welcome title favourites Manchester City to the Liberty Stadium. We spoke to Ric from*http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/ for the lowdown on Wednesday’s opponent.

How’s your season been so far?

Overall I’d say it’s been a good first half of the season for City. Our home form has been imperious and whilst we’ve struggled on our travels at times, there are signs of improvement on that front recently.

Progression to the knockout stage of the Champions League was imperative this season, and was achieved with relative ease.

What’s your opinion on Manuel Pellegrini’s start to life at Manchester City?

It took a while for Pellegrini to implement his own playing style on the squad, but we are now reaping the rewards. At times last season our play was too cautious and laboured, but we are playing a much more attacking game under Pellegrini. The approach seems to be “we will score more than you”, and it’s great to watch. Whilst it can leave us vulnerable at the back, few teams can match our vast array of attacking talent.

His man management skills are good, and he has commanded the respect of the squad. He has shown his European pedigree by progressing in the Champions League and, whilst he perhaps doesn’t have as close a relationship with the fans as Mancini enjoyed, few are still pining for the Italian.

Who have been your star players and who needs to buck their ideas up?

Of the new signings, Fernandinho and Negredo have excelled and added another dimension to our play. The likes of Aguero, Kompany and Silva look back to their best, whilst Samir Nasri is playing the best football of his City career, and appears rejuvenated under Pellegrini.

Javi Garcia and Edin Dzeko continue to frustrate, and it wouldn’t come as a surprise if both were to move on at the end of the season.

You have a very strong squad which is capable of competing on all fronts. But what competition would you most like to win and why?

Winning the Champions League would arguably be more of a statement and would raise our profile, but the Premier League is the priority for me. Anything else would be a bonus. Not that we can be too picky mind you, given our paucity of success over the years!

The Premier League season has been very open. Who do you think are your biggest challengers for the Premier League?

Liverpool have been the best team we have played this season, but may lack the squad depth to sustain a title challenge. Arsenal look to be back in form following their recent wobble, whilst you can never rule out Mourinho’s Chelsea. It’s the most open title race in years, which is good for the league.

What do you make of Swansea and which players are you wary of?

Swansea play good football, and gave us a difficult match at The Etihad a few weeks ago. The 3-0 scoreline flattered us, and it could have been a different story if de Guzman had taken his chance in the first half. I have a great deal of respect for Laudrup as a manager, and Swansea as a club. The likes of Shelvey, Hernandez, and Bony will all be a threat.

Predict the score and where both teams will finish.

Swansea 1 City 2. We’ve struggled at the Liberty Stadium in both visits so far, but we are on a good run of form at the moment and will hopefully maintain that momentum. I think/hope/pray City will finish first, and think Swansea will finish tenth.

Got a link?

Nevermind: <a class="postlink" href="http://sosfanzine.com/man-city-q-and-a-2/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=man-city-q-and-a-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sosfanzine.com/man-city-q-and-a- ... -q-and-a-2</a>

r.soleofsalford said:
i`m fed up to the back teeth of there stupidity, if our owners had taken over any other club you wouldnt hear a murmer from their fans

All Blues will have their opinion on a player, manager, prominent board member etc. but you'll rarely, if ever, hear a bad word about what Sheikh Mansour has done to City since he's come in to the club. I think the only real dissenter was Colin Shindler.

Dunraven said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:

You'll find that both Cardiff and Swansea among others were invited to join the English football league as Wales had no football association of its own. A Welsh league didn't exist until 1992. Rangers and Celtic were never invited because there was already a flourishing football league set up in Scotland at that time and Scots had already set up the SFA as they'd split with the English FA.

And Sheik Mansour was invited to take control of City and we are forever thankful as I am sure Swansea are thankful were invited into the English leagues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.