Opposition view: Swansea City

de niro said:
Dax777 said:
Why do City fans get bent out of shape when the money issue come up? It is a fair claim by any fan who's club doesn't have the luxury of buying great players. We'd feel the same way had our owner gone to West Ham instead. It's just a fact of life. I expect fans of other clubs to feel this way. It's just human. That said, back to football, great article and hope we dick them hen they come here.

I never begrudged a club having money, I was indifferent to Chelsea getting roman. its a cheap shot made from desperate and jealous people.

I wasn't indifferent... I was 100% jealous of them and Blackburn under Jack Walker.

Never 'hated' these clubs, I was simply envious.

Im happy other clubs have come into money and now can compete with the rag filth I just hope the demise of that horrible bastard club Continues Obviously I would love it if city can dominant like they did..anyone but them cunts and im a happy blue!

any club uk club with deep pockets are gona he picked on, its not hatred is jealously pure n simple except from those twats down road, then its just hate. i always wished we had rich owners and along they came, someone else will be next, if they successful they frown on, if they arent successful they laughed about. its nature of the beast. but i doubt you find many fans who wouldnt want an injection of big funds these days, maybe in past, but the beast(PL) is huge now, and its all about money these days

Oh look, he mentioned the money.

Pointless thread every week imo.

Honestly think they just put in comments about the money to annoy us. Can't remember the last time an opp. view didn't reference it.

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Understand other fans attitude regarding our money but would have thought Swansea would be happy with foreign owners buying clubs especially when they look at the mess Cardiff are in.

I welcomed Chelsea having money pumped in as it broke the United, Arsenal, Liverpool trilogy.

I also have views regarding foreign teams playing in a different league, Swansea are Welsh and should IMO be playing in the Welsh league similar to Rangers/Celtic playing in Scottish league.

Bollocks. That's a small minded mentality.

Swansea have added to the EPL in many ways. Wales clearly doesn't have enough towns of any real size to support a high level league. Should Monaco play against themselves every week?

Fair assessment.

I dont have much of an issue with the money that has been mentioned in these kinds of view threads. A knowledgeable football fan, as most of have been so far, would understand that we are not merely cashing in on consumerism. What we are investing on is beyond that if others just care to see. It is just somewhat challenging to phrase into words but I believe some opposition fans understand the premise of this 'money' theory.

Us being the selection of the Sheikh was by no means a random shot in the dark. we were a team that had one of the most loyal of fanbases. we have passed the litmus test of undying support from hell and back. due to our resilience, we showed potential to investors, Thaksin included, that we are a football club with true football fans. He could have picked a team already fighting for the top 4. But there is more honour in selecting a team that clawed back through 2 leagues in gumption and raw finesse. That was the selling point for an investor - a team that has built for years not a legacy of winning silverware, but of rising up when fallen.

no billionaire would put his money on a team that would not break its back to win and be champions. and it is our character that presented us with the fortune that we have now, for as they say....Fortune favours the brave.

our club is now standing on a profound trinity...the team, the owner and the fans. it is not the money that has maintained this healthy symbiotic relationship, rather it is the trust. There is so much trust being put to the club.

We dont hear 'trust' being bandied about because it is intangible. So its closest tangible synonym, 'money' is the one that keeps the froth fresh. But people overlooked that the prerequisite to money is trust. Without the trust of the Sheikh, we wont even be bringing up this issue of money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.