OSC have took the p*ss again

law74 said:
CtidBlueMooner said:
Yawn, yet another anti OSC thread.
I've read many of these threads with interest recently and have refrained from replying because I'm one of the people that the anti's accuse of Playing God.
Now before I get a kicking, I live nearly 200 miles away from COMS, have a season ticket, travel to most matches and have 5k+ loyalty points.
So queuing up is not practical yet myself and others nationally are helping to grow the MCFC brand....what are the anti brigade doing ? Because I was there on Sunday and it certainly wasn't full.
If you want to criticise OSC's for having cup final tickets, then why not also criticise:
1) Capitalism as those who can afford it will buy corporate tickets
2) Players for taking their allocation of tickets....disgraceful !!
3) The taxi driver who was late getting someone to COMS today to queue up and that person just missed out.

End of the day, with 25k allocation, people will always miss out but the OSC is a nice easy scapegoat.

Yeah, but i bet you have never been to Maine road, or Eastlands never mind an away game, so you are going to be the scapegoat from that dont know better. Oh and if you do not have a M postcode then you are not a blue.
, 3rd generation City. Born in Withington, raised in Gatley, dad was at Stoke match in 1934 and Wembley '69, grandad had season ticket until age of 91, I had first season ticket mid 80's at Maine Rd and my present season ticket started 2001 in 1st Division....oh at Maine Road. Go to about 7 away games per season + the 19 COMS "away" matches. Also done Copenhagen,Schalke, Juventus away....satisfied fellow Blue ??

I havent got a problem with OSC getiing tickets, but my best mate got a semi final ticket from one and he had never attended a meeting at the branch ever.
The branches should operate there own kind of scheme and the club should give them enough tickets to cover the fans who have enough points on the scheme.
We all know some take the piss and as it stands you can join a branch hardly attend and get tickets for big games and that is clearly wrong.
Tell you what though i am thinking of joining one next season if it saves me queuing for six hours which i had to do on monday.

glen quagmire said:
1dart said:
With all this demand for tickets i cant understand why are away support is gash.

That sounds like something, someone with an OSC acquired final ticket would say!

Haha. I actually got my own this time but usually always go through my osc. 6K+ points though i might add :-)

mancitymick said:
Yes I have a ticket before you say
1. Fans queue for tickets
2. Queue in the ealry hours for tickets
3. Pay premium prices on a 0870 number
Wait a minute join an OSC and get priority.

Use OSC for meetings and Trasport etc, But use the ticket system the same as us
Here we go again most supporters branches got smaller allocations than usual but tickets have to be matched to correct loyalty points,did nt here anyone moaning about supporters clubs taking up extra allocation for away matches when we cant sell the tickets

CtidBlueMooner said:
law74 said:
Yeah, but i bet you have never been to Maine road, or Eastlands never mind an away game, so you are going to be the scapegoat from that dont know better. Oh and if you do not have a M postcode then you are not a blue.
, 3rd generation City. Born in Withington, raised in Gatley, dad was at Stoke match in 1934 and Wembley '69, grandad had season ticket until age of 91, I had first season ticket mid 80's at Maine Rd and my present season ticket started 2001 in 1st Division....oh at Maine Road. Go to about 7 away games per season + the 19 COMS "away" matches. Also done Copenhagen,Schalke, Juventus away....satisfied fellow Blue ??
law74 was having a dig at M postcoded "superBlues" not you mate

Let us not moan & turn on fellow blues there are about 35 thousand tickets not going to either of the fianalists & most of them will end up with Soke Or Our fans after paying over the odds

blue12 said:
The branches should operate there own kind of scheme and the club should give them enough tickets to cover the fans who have enough points on the scheme. We all know some take the piss and as it stands you can join a branch hardly attend and get tickets for big games and that is clearly wrong.
I agree...but that's dowm to the individual branch to control (we do) so my issue is all branches being tarred with the same brush.

I certainly don't doubt the value of SC's and I the people that organise them do put an awful lot of effort in.

However, I am sick of the 'vested' interests suggesting that you still need enough loyalty points to qualify for tickets - you don't and its simply not possible because the tickets get allocated to SC's BEFORE the tickets go officially on sale ie before the club can possibly know the demand and therefore how many points will be required.

Each Supporters club may apply their own loyalty system and allocate tickets based on loyalty points - but I'm sure in some clubs its based on how 'in' you are with the organisers of the branch because as a member you have NO visibility of what points each member has therefore no way of challenging how the tickets have been allocated.

Therefore the club will apply for X number of tickets and then receive Y, at that point the officials of the club will decide who drops off the application and you can guarantee that in those instances where the club don't get the full requested allocation its the jobs for the boys approach that will happen - ie nothing to do with points.

Of course those vested interests will deny this til there blue in the face after all their onto a good thing and turkeys don't vote for Christmas do they ?

As it is I like being a member of an OSC but I don't need it to get tickets unlike most of the members......

Well said! I couldn't agree more, the OSC is BRILLIANT if anyone doesn't think so that's their problem, just stop moaning about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.