Otamendi transfer confirmed

Does anyone actually know how much City have paid for Otamendi? The BBC headline is £32m though in the report it states an initial £28.5m & we're left to guess about the rest. SSN "understand" it's £33m. The Guardian are stating £34m. I ask because Chelsea have are reported as having signed Pedro for a rather precise £21.4m. If the amount is "undisclosed" as it clearly is in this case, why are they guessing? Where do they get their numbers from? And as professionals why are they reporting figures which they clearly do not know to be accurate?

Seems odd.

Does anyone actually know how much City have paid for Otamendi? The BBC headline is £32m though in the report it states an initial £28.5m & we're left to guess about the rest. SSN "understand" it's £33m. The Guardian are stating £34m. I ask because Chelsea have are reported as having signed Pedro for a rather precise £21.4m. If the amount is "undisclosed" as it clearly is in this case, why are they guessing? Where do they get their numbers from? And as professionals why are they reporting figures which they clearly do not know to be accurate?

Seems odd.

Well it seems pretty obvious to me: take the highest number any of them come up with, add in the wages for the full duration of his contract, and this will become absolute FACT to the BBC, Sky, all the newspapers, and every other football fan in the country. So, really, it doesn't matter, because the true figure would not get reported anyway (see £49m Sterling)

last season we were poorer defensively than seasons gone by.

OPTIONS
(1) We bring back a TOP loanee from Scotland... risky but exciting

(2) we do that, plus buy a top defender as well.

Sterling
Delph
and now Otamendi
Yet people moan
we should be fucking buzzing
The Trafford mob are fucking petrified

Seems odd.

ESPN claims it's £31.5 million.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/socc...-otamendi-joins-manchester-city-from-valencia

last season we were poorer defensively than seasons gone by.

OPTIONS
(1) We bring back a TOP loanee from Scotland... risky but exciting

(2) we do that, plus buy a top defender as well.

Sterling
Delph
and now Otamendi
Yet people moan
we should be fucking buzzing
The Trafford mob are fucking petrified
^^This..

Met him today outside the stadium. Very surprised how small he is. Perfect teeth though.

Nice fella , signed my nephews shirt. He was chuffed to bits.

Cant seem to post the photo from my laptop though.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.