Otamendi transfer confirmed

Does anyone actually know how much City have paid for Otamendi? The BBC headline is £32m though in the report it states an initial £28.5m & we're left to guess about the rest. SSN "understand" it's £33m. The Guardian are stating £34m. I ask because Chelsea have are reported as having signed Pedro for a rather precise £21.4m. If the amount is "undisclosed" as it clearly is in this case, why are they guessing? Where do they get their numbers from? And as professionals why are they reporting figures which they clearly do not know to be accurate?

Seems odd.

Wasn't the Pedro deal triggering the release clause, hence the precise nature of it?

And although Otamendi had a similar clause, I think there was some haggling due to the fact that they owed us the Negredo fee, and the potential of loaning Mangala to them would have affected the price. And as always the press know the proverbial four fifths so would just make up/use the highest fee as it's City...

Dance Dance wherever you may be
city's signed Nicky Otamendi
He said he's gonna line our defence up
So we can win the European Cup

What a life it would be,
If you played for Man City,
Signed to partner Kompany,
OTTTAAAMEEEENDDDDIII
With his hipster beard,
He's a man that's feared,
then the kippax stood and cheered for OTTAAAMMMENDI,
These could be the best days of our liiivvveeesss,
He turned down Man United,
Coz theyre shiiiitttteeee.

(Sung to the chorus of Digsy's Diner Oasis)

Good effort.

No. Just some solid links from a journo, anything.

He's quoting shite at me that a few journos were saying United weren't in for him recently, but I suspect that may have been after it became clear he was coming here, and United were briefing the press in an attempt to avoid 'snubbed' headlines.

Just been looking through all the links from when they were getting all excited over his arrival most have glitches or have been taken down or say you need permissions..
Like this one..

Man-United-fans-get-very-excited-about-nicolas-otamendi-best-tweets...

http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/tra...y-excited-about-nicolas-otamendi-best-tweets/

rojo.jpg

Last edited:
Wasn't the Pedro deal triggering the release clause, hence the precise nature of it?

And although Otamendi had a similar clause, I think there was some haggling due to the fact that they owed us the Negredo fee, and the potential of loaning Mangala to them would have affected the price. And as always the press know the proverbial four fifths so would just make up/use the highest fee as it's City...
Yes OK - that makes sense

Don't know if this has been posted yet.

That's Amore

With aaaaa tear in his eye,
Waved La Liga goodbye,
Otamendi.
Now he's blue through and through,
Gave Man U the fuck u,
Otamendi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.