Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to add another point too... Mangala is currently in our 1st choice back 4. People saying he can improve with regular football in a loan deal... he's getting regular football here. If I was Mangala I'd be well fucked off and would start looking for a new club. It would be a huge slap in the face and an admission from City that they don't rate him.

And what is the guarantee that Otamendi won't struggle? The most expensive defender and now we're sending him on loan, as Martinez said the transfer window should end once the season is underway.

Got to keep mangala here - if he went off for a year he would take time again next year to readjust just as he has got used to the league.
Send them denayer if they will play him for a year

No idea if otamendi is any good, but I can tell you mangala has not looked good enough. If he had been bought for 3million nobody would be suggesting mangala should be I the team.we are currently playing a price tag not a player

For people who haven't watched Otamendi, he's basically Kompany in 2011/12. He'd easily be our best CB at this moment of time and we shouldn't hesitate to go for him if he's available.

I'd like to add another point too... Mangala is currently in our 1st choice back 4. People saying he can improve with regular football in a loan deal... he's getting regular football here. If I was Mangala I'd be well fucked off and would start looking for a new club. It would be a huge slap in the face and an admission from City that they don't rate him.
Well if the club don't rate him then I imagine they wouldn't mind him doing all the leg work in looking for a new club.

I'd prefer to see us keep Mangala and turn our attentions to an alternative to Pogba.

Is Otamendi good enough to warrant such an exorbitantly high fee?

I'd prefer to see us keep Mangala and turn our attentions to an alternative to Pogba.

Is Otamendi good enough to warrant such an exorbitantly high fee?

The question should be: Is our central midfield good enough for Champions League? Otamendi won't improve us in Europe.

For people who haven't watched Otamendi, he's basically Kompany in 2011/12. He'd easily be our best CB at this moment of time and we shouldn't hesitate to go for him if he's available.
See what you mean but ottamendi is different to kompany in that kompany relies on his reading of the game nipping in from of players to intercept the ball and is silky on the ball where as ottamendi is a blocker he wins most headers and tackles and isnt as fluid on the ball but his distribution is good.

How much more money are we going to throw at this position?

Besides Mangala was our best centre back for the last couple of months last season, yes better than Demi.

No idea if otamendi is any good, but I can tell you mangala has not looked good enough. If he had been bought for 3million nobody would be suggesting mangala should be I the team.we are currently playing a price tag not a player

Maybe just maybe he was massively effected by Vinny be out of form, Clichy & Kolorov being out of form. I really think now we have Sterling and KDB who can both play on that side will help him out massively, easing the pressure on left back means easing the pressure onthe left sided centre back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.