Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't all I can say it is someone who I know what he does for a living albeit he has connections but not massive ones
He told me what I posted and said get cash on it
To be honest I haven't done but I have no reason to not trust him
I got told about Mangala last year when that was up in the air and that was right
Tolm what's been going on ; )

I can't all I can say it is someone who I know what he does for a living albeit he has connections but not massive ones
He told me what I posted and said get cash on it
To be honest I haven't done but I have no reason to not trust him
I got told about Mangala last year when that was up in the air and that was right

So Monday u say ...let's see hope your right i think he is an unreal defender

I just wonder who goes ?
Mangala the jury is still out he is young and had a difficult first season but could improve he had all the attributes
Kompay struggled and has been injured but a legend
Demichellis older but absolute quality and ideal backup
Denayer young untested but already an international

Yes I agree we need to improve the position could Otamendi be the answer it sounds like it
But it would seem a little harsh to replace any of the current players
I would like to see a first choice solid pairing that is rarely rotated myself

My main worry about this from day one, was firstly, the effect it would have on Denayer & secondly, the absolute culture shock of Premier League football, specially for someone who isn't the biggest as a cb & will therefore have little room for error. It seems we have promised Denayer a crack at the first team & got him to sign a deal on the strength of Prem football.

So it looks like we either shit on Denayer, get rid of Mangala after one season, at a huge loss, or get rid of Demichelis. You'd have to say that shit on Denayer or get rid of Demi would be the most likely outcomes, with Demi moving on, the most likely of those two.

But then if Kompany goes missing again, as we all expect he will at some point, we have a rookie kid, a rookie Prem newcomer in Otamendi & Mangala, who is still learning, in his second season.

I just don't see how that is a better option than keeping Demichelis. But perhaps they know Otamendi is a very fast learner. I really hope he is, if this rumour is true.

My main worry about this from day one, was firstly, the effect it would have on Denayer & secondly, the absolute culture shock of Premier League football, specially for someone who isn't the biggest as a cb & will therefore have little room for error. It seems we have promised Denayer a crack at the first team & got him to sign a deal on the strength of Prem football.

So it looks like we either shit on Denayer, get rid of Mangala after one season, at a huge loss, or get rid of Demichelis. You'd have to say that shit on Denayer or get rid of Demi would be the most likely outcomes, with Demi moving on, the most likely of those two.

But then if Kompany goes missing again, as we all expect he will at some point, we have a rookie kid, a rookie Prem newcomer in Otamendi & Mangala, who is still learning, in his second season.

I just don't see how that is a better option than keeping Demichelis. But perhaps they know Otamendi is a very fast learner. I really hope he is, if this rumour is true.
I'm certainly with you on young Jason D

On the plus side mangala & otamendi have played together at Porto so would be comfortable if vinnie got injured or suspended

I agree pal I really like demichelis and I would have thought he would have been happy to provide experience and cover and have reduced playing time
But maybe he is off to Argentina or USA
But from what people are posting about this Otamendi guy he sounds red hot
Who knows but we both seem to agree it's harsh on the other centre backs
But I suppose top flight football is ruthless

Don't know why everyone worries about Denayer. If he is as good as we claim he will get in the team on his own merit no matter who is in his way. End of the day if we sign Otamendi and no one leaves then Denayer goes and gets some Prem experience on loan and returns next season when MDM leaves

We will miss Demichelis' experience but if he wants to go then we can't stop him. Otamendi is a decent replacement but as it has been mentioned it will take him time to adapt.

Last edited:
On the plus side mangala & otamendi have played together at Porto so would be comfortable if vinnie got injured or suspended

I would expect that to normally take a year or two in this league though.

Mangala has said how absolutely uncomfortable he was last season & what a shock it was to play in the Premier League. If Otamendi takes to it instantly, we are fine. If he doesn't, & he still plays, we probably don't win the title. Demichelis almost cost us the title in his first half season but got it together just in time. Vinny & Zabaleta took a few years to get used to it. Kolarov never really has.

Perhaps we will keep all 5 for a season, & use one as a def mid in some games. Has Otamendi played in front of a back 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.