Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know why everyone worries about Denayer. If he is as good as we claim he will get in the team on his own merit no matter who is in his way. End of the day if we sign Otamendi and no one leaves then Denayer goes and gets some Prem experience on loan and returns next season when MDM leaves

Yeah fair one makes sense

Don't know why everyone worries about Denayer. If he is as good as we claim he will get in the team on his own merit no matter who is in his way. End of the day if we sign Otamendi and no one leaves then Denayer goes and gets some Prem experience on loan and returns next season when MDM leaves

If that is what Denayer agreed then fine. But all the press at the time, suggested that he has been promised a crack at the first team, & therefore agreed to sign a new contract. If that is the case & then we fuck him off, as I've said before, if City did that to me, I'd be gone. I'd ask for a transfer.

I would expect that to normally take a year or two in this league though.

Mangala has said how absolutely uncomfortable he was last season & what a shock it was to play in the Premier League. If Otamendi takes to it instantly, we are fine. If he doesn't, & he still plays, we probably don't win the title. Demichelis almost cost us the title in his first half season but got it together just in time. Vinny & Zabaleta took a few years to get used to it. Kolarov never really has.

Perhaps we will keep all 5 for a season, & use one as a def mid in some games. Has Otamendi played in front of a back 4 ?
No don't think he has but if demichelis stays he can do that job

I would expect that to normally take a year or two in this league though.

Mangala has said how absolutely uncomfortable he was last season & what a shock it was to play in the Premier League. If Otamendi takes to it instantly, we are fine. If he doesn't, & he still plays, we probably don't win the title. Demichelis almost cost us the title in his first half season but got it together just in time. Vinny & Zabaleta took a few years to get used to it. Kolarov never really has.

Perhaps we will keep all 5 for a season, & use one as a def mid in some games. Has Otamendi played in front of a back 4 ?

You make some good point's there mate. No hiding place for defenders new to the prem, strength in depth is the key. Noticed we defended much better at west brom than a lot of times last season, only time I saw one of the centre back's dive in was vinny late in the first half near the half way line, got turned but nothing came off it. We played the offside well so maybe we are going back to how we have defended in the past? Hope so not a fan of defenders diving in trying to nick the ball in our own half.

I still think we'll go with Kompany, Mangala, Denayer and Demichelis this season.

He is establishing himself as a full international, already played a couple of games. He needs to be playing football and from what I can see he has belief in his ability to break through right here.

I think if Otamendi comes now the MDM leaves either now or in January. I can't see it being Denayer that goes.

Pellers said 2 positions KDB and?

He never actually said that as far as I can tell. What he actually said was:

“It doesn’t mean you are going to win because you have one or two players more but I think it is important to have a strong squad because all the other teams also have very strong squads.”

Which is quite different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.