Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otimendi is an excellent defender I'd be happy to have him but not if Mangala goes the other way.

Twelve months ago and it was all about Mangala vs Benatia for our VK partnership. If this guy is all the rage, why was he never mentioned back then? In fact, how many of us here on this thread had actually heard of him at that time? I for one hadn't and although my knowledge of the game outside the UK and the major European clubs is limited, the fact that I'd never heard of him yet with him being touted now at stupid money just gives me the creeps.

I'd heard of him. He'd been shite at Porto.

No matter what you think of him or this signing, the fact he was on loan at Miniero is irrelevant. Valencia bought him and then got fucked over by not being able to offload a non-EU player. He just went back to Miniero because they weren't allowed to register him and he needed to stay match fit for the World Cup.

It's got nothing to do with how good a player he is, just administration bullshit. Not bei able to play him was quite a big blow to them.
Okay should have understood it had to do with something like that. How good was he in Porto compared to his season in Valencia?

Good move,I just don't think we can trust mango yet,he still looks clumsy on the ball,he has defo got everything but its wether he can sort his consistency out.

Excellent defender and would love to have him here but if he does come, I doubt it would be at the expense of Mangala. I would suspect he would be more likely to come in for MD.

Okay should have understood it had to do with something like that. How good was he in Porto compared to his season in Valencia?

Well Mangala was seen as the better of the two and he was very young 21/22 then compared to 24/25 Otamendi.

But then he was bought for £10m or so which outside of England is not a small amount, so he was definitely seen as a solid player for a Valencia side hoping to get back into the CL. And then he just had a breakout year.

I assume the club have done their homework on him and trust their judgement that he's not a one season wonder. I like that he's got regular experience playing next to both Mangala and Zabaleta so I think he could settle in very quickly, and I don't think Valencia's defensive midfield is up to much, so he operated without a brick wall in front of him.

As long as we don't send Mangala the other way I think this is a great transfer, especially if we can pay less than the €50m buyout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.