Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing in Otamendi and sending Mangala out on loan is utterly absurd proposition, and I can't believe it's a realistic possilbity.

It'd be more or less an admission from Txiki that we signed the wrong Porto player. Utterly ridiculous. Both were available in 2014, but Otamendi for a fraction of Mangala's price.

We've invested a year into Mangala, bled him into the league, this year is where the patience has to pay off. If it doesn't, then he moves on next year.

Bringing in Otamendi would also mean less room for Denayer to get minutes under his belt.

I think the set up we have now is ideal: we have the old experienced and reliable head who won't mind being rotated, we have our captain and stalwart, we have the talented lad with everything to prove, and we have the young up and coming protege.

Otamendi would upset that balance as far as I'm concerned, and I think that money could be put to better use to be honest.

Well Mangala was seen as the better of the two and he was very young 21/22 then compared to 24/25 Otamendi.

But then he was bought for £10m or so which outside of England is not a small amount, so he was definitely seen as a solid player for a Valencia side hoping to get back into the CL. And then he just had a breakout year.

I assume the club have done their homework on him and trust their judgement that he's not a one season wonder. I like that he's got regular experience playing next to both Mangala and Zabaleta so I think he could settle in very quickly, and I don't think Valencia's defensive midfield is up to much, so he operated without a brick wall in front of him.

As long as we don't send Mangala the other way I think this is a great transfer, especially if we can pay less than the €50m buyout.
Thanks for the response mate. I must say I really doubt this would be a ideal signing for us but if he comes I will support him and hope he will crack the code of Pellegrinis system. A quick look at youtube, he seems like a strong CB with a bit of pace, good tackler and goal threat.

Has he experience in a midfield role? Kompany and MdM spent a lot of time earlier in their careers in midfield, and I still think Mangala would make one hell of a DM

Thanks for the response mate. I must say I really doubt this would be a ideal signing for us but if he comes I will support him and hope he will crack the code of Pellegrinis system. A quick look at youtube, he seems like a strong CB with a bit of pace, good tackler and goal threat.

Has he experience in a midfield role? Kompany and MdM spent a lot of time earlier in their careers in midfield, and I still think Mangala would make one hell of a DM

No not midfield, CB + RB are the only places I've ever heard of him playing.

I rate Otamendi but it just seems like a pointless signing. We'd be giving up on Mangala or halting Denayer's progression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.