Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few thoughts on this.

Firstly no doubting Otmanedi is a great player. HOWEVER, I don't want him.

If Mangala goes anywhere it is completely stupid. He is the best young CB In world football and should start every game with Vk this season.

Even if mangala stays I still don't want him. Denayer is another one of European brightest young CB's and needs to be given some playing time with us to develop quicker unless we are loaning him again which it seems we aren't.

Mangala, VK, Demi, otamendi and Denayer. 5 top class centre halves is clearly not sustainable.

So in all, thanks but no thanks.

I honestly thought we had the perfect balance. Kompany is nailed on when fit and in form, Mangala should be a mainstay when fit, just hitting form and looking settled, they seem to be striking up a solid partnership. Meanwhile we have the experience in Demichelis, at that age where he won't mind being rotated, can slot into midfield. Then we have a great young prospect in Denayer who'd be happy to rotate and be back up, and get experience in and around the first team.

Really don't see where Otamendi fits into that.

He's at that age where he'd expect to start and play regularly, wouldn't be happy being back up. So who makes way?

Mangala? Denayer? Demichelis?

It's a real puzzle, and it think it's an unnecessary one. Almost seems a vanity signing this, I don't really follow the logic to be honest. He looks a player though, no doubt.

I've been excited about this potential signing from the start of this thread when the majority were banging on about how unlikely it was we'd sign a centre back, Top player who strengthens the squad, what's not to like? I don't believe the Mangala rumour for one second,

From Goal on Mangala:

"There is still hope in the corridors of power at the Etihad Stadium that a season in Spain will help Mangala, 24, mature into a top-class centre-back and Valencia will not be given an option to sign the Frenchman permanently"

That seems odd when Mangala is showing signs that he is settling in.

Exactly that RichardDunneOwnGoal.

This make zero sense and gives is a headache we could do without.

Otamendi is better than Mangala

No discussion about this.

Not sure I agree.

What I don't get is that they were both available from Porto in 2014. We signed Mangala and Otamendi went for a fraction of that price to Valencia.

If we bring in Otamendi now and let Mangala go the other way, it'd be more or less and admission from Txiki that he signed the wrong player.

Really don't get it frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.