Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think otamendi is part of the 'Not looking at any other positions unless any world class player is available'.

I agree mate....A chance has come along to upgrade the team with a world class defender, who is only 27yrs old and in his prime and we didnt want to miss. in my opinion, Mangala is having a great start to the season but if loaning him for one season means we can get this guy, then I think its worth it...we still get Mangala back next year and get a big upgrade at the position all in one move. Valencia are having money issues and I guess they wont be able to invest the money back into the team to buy a replacement for Otmanedi...so the deal would make sense for both teams.....

Don't want him if Mangala is the cost, who has been faultless in both PL games and is giving every indication he could be about to smash it this season. IMO this reeks of someone who only has a year left in charge and therefore is only thinking about the immediate short term. Be furious at the club if they did this, would be a profoundly stupid decision.

Strange one! I'm by no means Mangala's biggest fan but he has shown signs early on that he's getting to grips with the league. Who's to say that Otamendi won't need the same time to adjust?

If true, seems a daft move.
This.. its so unbeleivable stupid. talk about to interreupt a settled squad and a bright partnership between Kompany and Mangala

We took a major punch on the chin last season in order to bring Mangala up to speed. The fruits of that investment in him are now showing. Furthermore, he seems to be developing into a leader(see him with Humphries on tour and Fernandinho today).

I'll be stunned if he goes. Still reckon it'll be Fernando off.

Few thoughts on this.

Firstly no doubting Otmanedi is a great player. HOWEVER, I don't want him.

If Mangala goes anywhere it is completely stupid. He is the best young CB In world football and should start every game with Vk this season.

Even if mangala stays I still don't want him. Denayer is another one of European brightest young CB's and needs to be given some playing time with us to develop quicker unless we are loaning him again which it seems we aren't.

Mangala, VK, Demi, otamendi and Denayer. 5 top class centre halves is clearly not sustainable.

So in all, thanks but no thanks.
need to see Mangala actually break into the French squad full time before we crown him the best young CB. The guy actually holding that title and that position is Varane.

Also Mangala would be getting a lot more playing time without the constant threat of rotation not injury or form related. He comes back in a year hopefully a lot more polished and we'll have 4 top CB

Maybe we have to lend them one of our CB's......if we take Otamendi as part of Negredo deal...........until MDM departs for NYCFC
It'll all come out int wash

savic , boetang and nastasic come to mind. tbf to us , selling them off seemed right at the time..

with mangala it seems wrong now itself !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.