Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
so would i but it seems like the mangala thing gets this deal over the line, its a long term thing sorted in one foul swoop, mdm goes next summer, mangala comes back which solves the headache of having to replace mdm

So it seems Mangala is definitely leaving. Piss take and unbelievably bad decision. He is the best young CB in the world.

Firstly he's not the best young CB in the world, he needs to develop a fair deal to get to that stage. Secondly why does it "seem" Mangala is leaving? Rumour aside there's nothing solid at all to suggest he's going anywhere.

Dont see why getting Otamendi implies anything for Mangala. As good as we were today, both Kompany and Mangala were injured at times last season, so it is not illogical to get another world class CB at a fairly reasonable price. This would also allow us to play 3-5-2 which might be a useful option against teams who park the bus.

Absolutely right.

image.jpg

In my team in Brazil before he leaves

Decent.

so would i but it seems like the mangala thing gets this deal over the line, its a long term thing sorted in one foul swoop, mdm goes next summer, mangala comes back which solves the headache of having to replace mdm
Mangala doesn't come back to sit on the bench. He'll be what 25/26?

Denayer will be another year senior and pushing for game time too.

I presume the idea is that you bring in Otamendi for a season, and send Mangala out until Demichelis' contract expires and then bring him back. Personally, I would have shipped Demichelis off now and kept Mangala, particularly after the immense start he has had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.